Charter Communications - Charter Communications Overcharging!

Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 at 12:12pm CDT by e1698c25

Product: Charter Communications Auto Pay

Company: Charter Communications

Location: La Crescenta, CA, US

BEWARE of putting your account with Charter Communications. I cancelled my account with them on July 14th. The customer service rep even said that she could see that I had cancelled the service...on the 14th but they charged me on the 29th ANYWAY on my automatic payment on my credit card.

They told me it would take 6 to 8 WEEKS!!!! to refund a charge that they were not authorized to take any longer.

I suggest that ANYTIME you cancel service with a cmpany when you do automatic payments. After you cancel the service...make the next call to your credit card company to let them know that you are no longer authorizing that company to take money from your account.

NOW...I also have to pay interest on the stupid payment!!!! GREEDY GREEDY GREEDY Charter.

I was SOOOOOOO happy to call and cancel my service with them..their customer service was MISERABLE and they charged me a FORTUNE for high speed internet that was not reliable, but they got the last lick in!!!!! And, of course it was all because of the "system" and has to be resolved by the "system".

9c465137, 2009-11-04, 03:06AM CST

i feel the same way. i payed up with these guys 164 dollars and got my service reconnected. after that they decided to tack on 30 more dollars even though the bills made no since and contradicted themselves. even the quote on internet they gave me changed to 25 dollars more after the first month from 39.99 to 54.99 and that's for only 5mb! also they claim a lease on the modem and read it is theres from my serial number and i bought it from best buy! they are giving me hell trying to comp me for that. now they are saying you should be charged 5 for lease anyway cause i have a wireless. i don't even use it! it was a built in feature on the last modem i could find! think i might have to go elsewhere! there customer service is horrible as it is outsourced to india lol man.