Fandango - Fandango charges even if kiosks don't work

Posted on Saturday, July 26th, 2008 at 6:37pm CDT by 21e7cb98

Product: Fandango

Company: Fandango

URL: http://fandango.com/

We used fandango to purchase a couple of movie tickets. Got to the theater and the kiosk couldn't recognize the confirmation number or the credit card and after several failed attempts, had to wait in line to get the tickets at the window. So, we spent the 2 bucks service charge for nothing. I wrote fandango and all I got was an apology - I only asked for refund on service since there were no service rendered.

Fandango should not be allowed to get away with keeping service charges when their service fails - I know it's only 2 dollars, but it's the principle that annoys me. I will not use their service and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Here is their reply:

Dear Susan,

Thank you for your email and taking the time to voice your concerns.

We would like to offer our apologies for the less than perfect experience you had with Fandango and our theatre partner, Regal Cinemas Bridgeport Village Stadium 18 & IMAX. This is not the experience moviegoers who use Fandango should have.

Please be assured that in conjunction with our theatre partners, we are in the process of streamlining our ticket redemption process. Additionally, a representative from our organization will be in contact with Regal Cinemas Bridgeport Village Stadium 18 & IMAX to see if we can assist in rectifying the problem with their kiosks. The kiosks are owned and operated by the individual theatre, not Fandango. It is with regret that we cannot offer you a refund of our service charges due to kiosk malfunction.

While a self-service kiosk does provide for a convenient method to redeem tickets, it is not the only method. We understand that there may be times that a kiosk is not functional, so we do make an effort to make sure our customers are aware that other redemption resources are available in these cases. The order confirmation page does instruct our ticket purchasers to "ask Theater Personnel for help or ask them to call Fandango's Theater Support Hotline " should any problems arise.

We are continuing to grow and improve, and we truly hope you will give Fandango and our theatre partner Regal Cinemas Bridgeport Village Stadium 18 & IMAX another chance to prove ourselves to you in the future. Again, please accept our apologies and let us know if we can answer any further questions for you.

Best Regards,

Nicole

Fandango Customer Support

www.fandango.com

Wireless access: mobile.fandango.com

3f0b78b3, 2011-06-17, 02:02PM CDT

Same thing happened to me. They said I had to contact the theater for my refund. Not cool Fandango, not cool at all. I will write to the better business beaureu as well. This is exactly what they wrote.

Thank you for your email and interest in Fandango. Please contact the appropriate theater, AMC Loews Port Chester 14, to inquire about their policy on refunds and exchanges. Please take the confirmation number/print-at-home ticket with you to the theater. (A0000382912) All compensation is made at the discretion of theater management and can only be processed after the tickets purchased through Fandango are retrieved at the theater box office. We strongly suggest that you make contact with the theaters management as soon as possible. If the theater manager has any questions on your transaction, please ask them to call the Fandango Theater Support Line to request assistance. It is Fandangos policy not to refund tickets purchased on our website or through 1-800-FANDANGO. At the time of your order, Fandango removes the requested ticket quantity from the theaters inventory, reducing the number of seats available for the chosen show time. While this allows us to provide our customers with the clear benefit of guaranteed seats, it prevents Fandango and our theater partners from reselling tickets in the event that the purchaser does not attend their chosen show time. In addition, Fandango convenience charges are non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding and we hope you will continue to make Fandango your choice for online movie tickets.