customer service - Wrong billing -SBI card statement

Posted on Friday, July 25th, 2008 at 4:06am CDT by fdfc3ef8

Product: SBI credit card

Company: customer service

Location: Ajay Bharti, Asst.Vice President - Customer Services at Po Bag 28-GPO, New delhi-110001
New Delhi, De, 110001, IN

URL: http://www.sbicard.com/

The letter sent to SBI cards to day as final communication:

To Date:25July 2008.

Ajay Bharti

Asst.Vice Presedient-Customer Services at Po Bag 28-GPO

New Delhi-110001

Dear Mr.Ajay Bharti,

Sub : Long pending settlement of SBI card transaction

IABE -2007, International Academy of Business and Economics ( www.iabe.org). Las vegas,Nevada,USA was conducting Annual Conference in LasVegas during 14-17 , 2007. The conference registration fee was $295 USD for attending and presenting a paper at the conference.

I had downloaded the registration form from their website. The filled up form was having details: name, university, address, paper title, payment method (through credit card),total amount paid $ 315UDS( 295 - registration+20 service charges), SBI Card no, expiry date, code, card owner billing address.

The filled up form was sent to IABE online for faster registration. Subsequently , the hard copy with my signature was sent by courier to IABE,983 Woodland Drive,Turlock,CA 95382 -7281 USA.

IABE confirmed my registration process. Subsequently I got a credit card statement 6 Aug 2007 which showed debit transaction for the amount $315USD( Amount INR 13,197.82) dt 1/8/2007, IABE 209-667-3074 CA. The payment was on Flex pay of 12 EMIs @ 1232 Rs per month. I have paid last installment recently. Now I need not pay any amount to SBI cards.

I was surprised to see from your 6th Sep 2007, SBI card statement, $315 USD(Rs 13,313.64), transaction 2096673.74 IABE 31/8/2007 against debit transaction( second time). This indicates twice charged on my credit card by IABE , USA.I had applied for chargeback to SBI credit card division, charge back dept,Gurgoan on sep 11 2007. Mean while temporary credit was given for the disputed transaction. Charge back process was initiated against IABE,USA. SBI charge back department claimed charge back and debited the above said amount through IABE merchant bank processing at pay pall on October 6, 2007. As the amount has been debited from IABE account, the same should have been credited back to my account by SBI. Surprisingly, bill statement dt 6/11/2007 showed reversal of temporary credit and again showed debit of of amount Rs 13,313.64.

I have been following up for the last 11 months to credit the amount back to my account. As usual I have been paying the EMIs ( Rs 1232 per month) for the original transaction. SBI statements show the wrong billing continuously charging interest . This really objectionable and unjustifiable. In the entire process, your behaviour and attitude is to victimize the customer. I have suffered a lot. You have put me lot of agony. I dont want your card services from now. I have enclosed the broken card also.

Kindly look into the matter seriously and settle the issue.

Dr.GVRK Acharyulu

SBI card No: 4317575509025707

a7465b51, 2009-02-06, 01:07AM CST

we want total statement for last 2years because we got an wrong billing so that if u send the details we pay the bill as per mine usage we

743cf30d, 2010-08-17, 02:13AM CDT

Dear Sir,

I register my complaint for disputed transactions dt. 25/06/2010 & 25/07/10 by IGNIGHTER for Rs.2171.55p & 2193.19p respectively.

Out of my curiosity I have feeded my personal data including my card details for getting membership of the site. While my transaction was underway the web page expired and my transaction could not be completed. I have never accessed the site as no user Id and passward was given to me or mail to me in my mailing ID. So I request you to reverse the entries which has wrongly debited to my a/c.