SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO - SIRIUS GIFT CARDS NOT GOOD IDEA

Posted on Friday, July 25th, 2008 at 12:33pm CDT by 67b0b850

Product: SIRIUS

Company: SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO

I bought a new Foed in Feb 2008 and Sirius radio was included for 6 months and then Ford extended that for another 6 months. My son bought me a Sirius gift card for Mother's Day of $50. When I called Sirius and eventually ended up talking to a supervisor, I was told that I can not put this $50 gift card towards my account without giving them a credit card number, or I can put it towards my account and I will be invoiced for the balance for a year. Supervisor said it DOES NOT matter that this is an existing account that it will have to be a "paid" account for a year. If I chose not to extend my Sirius I lose the $50 gift card, if I use it and try to cancel when the money runs out on my account I will be billed for $75 for cancelling before year is out. I am on disability and cannot afford to pay this but it upsets me that my son has spent $50 for a gift that is of no use to me and that I cannot be refunded for. If Sirius is going to sell these thru Circiut City, etc. then the store employees need to be educated on their policies.

Jan Whipple