1st Financial Bank USA - Horrible Excuse for a Company

Posted on Friday, July 25th, 2008 at 12:32pm CDT by 953bca6c

Product: 1st Financial Bank USA Credit Card

Company: 1st Financial Bank USA

Location: P.O. Box 1100 N.
SIOUX CITY, SD, 57049, US

URL: http://www.1fbusa.com/

Category: Business, Finances

I have had quite a few problems with this company. Being a college student I needed a card to purchase little needed things that I could presumably pay at a later date or have my parents help me pay for. I've been paying the minimum payment every month if not more. They charged me almost $40 for an over limit fee which was due to their $9.00 charge to pay my bill over the phone. Then today I get a call saying I'm over limit by $18 when I just paid my bill over a week ago which was almost a month in advance and I haven't used the card in over a month. I had to pay the $18 plus $9 to keep it from being over limit once again. I don't even know what I was charged for because it wasn't a representative that had called it was recorded. I won't call the toll free number because of so many complaints of them being so rude. I would NEVER recommend this company to ANYONE and CANNOT wait to get my bill paid off.

d52a4612, 2008-09-07, 07:51AM CDT

I don't understand your complaint. If you were over the limit, you're over the limit, whether it's for fifty cents or fifty dollars. Good to learn at a young age that you can't just make minimum payments on credit cards, you pay interest forever on them; those "little needed things" add up quickly.

Nothing against you, but I think there should be a law against issuing credit cards to college students; it makes no sense to start racking up bills with usually no income to pay for it. Parents or the student should set up a bank account, and get an ATM card, so you can't spend what you don't have.

Good luck.