Electrolux / Frigidaire - 3yr old Frigidaire: Broken, Charge for Service!

Posted on Friday, July 25th, 2008 at 10:56am CDT by 60ae4e73

Product: Frigidaire Model FRT8B5EW4

Company: Electrolux / Frigidaire

Location: Electrolux Major Appliances NA P.O. Box 212378 Augusta, GA 30917
Augusta, GA, 30917, US

URL: http://www.frigidaire.com/

Our refrigerator which we purchased almost exactly three years ago stopped working today. We called into customer service, no way of speaking with a live person for this division or company - we got "shunted" to authorized local reps, despite the limited warranty 1-5 years, we are being told that there will be service charge of $60! with no determination of further expenses. So much for warranty coverage.

d75e6992, 2008-07-28, 08:42AM CDT

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Complaints.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

d75e6992, 2008-08-05, 09:47AM CDT