Ehkay Corner Tailors - Ehkay Corner Tailors Singapore

Company: Ehkay Corner Tailors

Location: 150 Orchard Road #01-57 Orchard Plaza SINGAPORE 238841
SINGAPORE, 238841, SG

URL: http://www.ehkaycornertailors.com/

I may not have the dates correct. I bought nearly US$2,000.00 in suits and slacks from this so-called custom tailor. I gave him a sample pair of slacks that I had brought to Singapore from the US. The suit jackets were tight and ill-shaped. The slacks draped into my crutch, some legs were longer than others, some had only one cuff lined, loops so small on some I could not get a belt to fit, so tight the pleats gaped widely and I could not get my small wallet into my pocket. He so skimped on material, there was not enough in the seams to open up the crutch waist or little skinny legs. All my adult life I've been a skinny guy 6 feet 1 inch 180 pounds. I knew something was up when he delivered the merchandise to my hotel at about 1AM rather than at mid-evening as promised. This way I could not return the merchandise as I had an early flight next morning. On my next trip I took the items back to him, he made another funny jacket and returned it with all items to me bu mail. I gave all the items to the homeless.

I have never known anyone to be such as competent lier, and so dishonest as the proprietor. He took no responsibility. I complained to the Singapore Tourist department, but they did nothing.

If you go to this place, be careful of these hustlers calling themselves custom tailors.

52806b87, 2008-08-04, 11:01AM CDT

I have purchased dozens of shirts and over 5 suits from this tailor and never had a problem???? They are first class!!

74b0014f, 2008-09-12, 02:17PM CDT

Dear Sir,

Ehkay Corner Tailors was established in the year 1981 and has never had such a complaint. Ehkay Corner Tailors have always been able to satisfy over 30,000 customers, many of which are registered and recommended customers.

Ehkay Corner Tailors did attempt to satisfy you by tailoring additional clothing for you as replacements at no cost which were to the satisfaction of Singapore Tourist Promotion Board.

Ehkay Corner Tailors had never refused any of your complaints and attempted in everyway to satisfy you.

If you still had problems with your tailored clothing, you should have informed Ehkay Corner Tailors who would have happily re-attempt to satisfy your requirements until you were happy with your tailored clothing. It is a policy of Ehkay Corner Tailors to ensure that all customers are satisfied with their tailored clothings. Ehkay Corner Tailors will do all they can to achieve satisfaction of any customer ordering tailored clothing from them. This is one of the reason why Ehkay Corner Tailors are still in the same tailoring business as of today. Business for Ehkay Corner Tailors, in fact, has grown largely over the years and is expected to grow much further in the coming years.

You may have been an extremely fussy customer who may be expecting the impossible and beyond.

Ehkay Corner Tailors have till today still not refused any of your complaints to rectify any faults in the tailored clothing.

Instead of first informing us of your dissatisfaction of your tailored clothing, you decided to give all the tailored clothing to the homeless. That is your own decision and action without letting Ehkay Corner Tailors to solve the problems you may have had with your tailored clothing. I am definately sure that if you would have informed us of the problem, we would have provided a solution to satisfy you. Instead, you decided to write in to Complaints.com which we feel that you realised your own mistakes of over-expectations and have decided on this action to satisfy your own frustrations. You also know that Singapore Tourist Promotion Board could not help you further since the tailored garments were tailored perfectly to fit you. A person like you should simply buy off-the-rack instead of visiting any tailors and wasting their time, effort and reputation.

Ehkay Corner Tailors are professional bespoke tailors for tailored clothing and not tailors for space shuttles. If you were expecting more than the best, we suggest that you never visit a clothing tailor.

The Proprietor had arranged to send the Tailored Clothing to you at 1:00am in the morning. Will you be able to have such a service in your country? If the proprietor was a competent liar and dishonest as you have mentioned, why would he have your tailored clothing sent to you at your hotel in Singapore at 1:00am? He could have instead sent the package to you in your country. To be able to send the tailored clothing to you at the time when most of Singapore is asleep proves his honesty, confidence of his tailoring work and the desire to satisfy you. Why would he have even bothered making a free-of-charge new jacket for you on you next trip?

I feel that you are a very unfair and a over-expecting customer who will simply want to destroy any establishment for your own comforts.

You against the over 30,000 prevailing satisfied customers do sound a little odd, don't you think so?

Having said the above, we are still keen alter or replace your tailored clothing which you are still not satisfied with or offer a refund to you for the same. You will however, need to send back your purchase from us in the same condition we had sold to you.

74b0014f, 2008-09-12, 02:59PM CDT

fb1ed41d, 2008-09-14, 12:03AM CDT

4e66e910, 2008-11-20, 05:18PM CST

I happened across this complaint while looking for their website. I can't imagine such an experience with Ehkay. I have purchase tailored clothing from them twice, suits, slacks, and a dress for my wife (on measurements alone). All of which were impeccably done. My second visit I didn't even try them on before returning to the States. I will be traveling there in the near future, hence looking up their site, and I plan to order some slacks to be ready when I arrive, and I won't pack any for my business meetings! That is how wrong the complaint is, and that is how confident I am they will be perfect. I can say that Ehkay Corner is as professional as any business I have ever dealt with. I do believe the individual complaining did not let them correct any errors, and I question his accusations with such blatant tailoring errors.

2f5ad111, 2010-01-18, 11:50PM CST

I've been to Ehkay maybe a dozen times in my travels and this doesn't sound like the store I've dealt with. They have always been professional to me, always given me good quality products and, when there's been any error, they've always fixed it right away. I go out of my way to use their services when I travel and really couldn't be happier with them and the clothing they supply.

160198f0, 2011-11-01, 06:09PM CDT

I find this extremely hard to imagine as I have been using Ehkay for my Dinner Suits, Suits and Trousers for a number of years, especially when I was living in Singapore (now in New Zealand). The service, price, craftmenship, friendlyness and quality is superior to any other tailor in Singapore and in bangkok where i have used a number. I would always and will always continue to use Ehkay Corner Tailors in the future.

Chris Iggo; New Zealand

63fcfd59, 2014-01-25, 12:27AM CST

I'll cut this short, this tailor f'ed up my pants, doesn't fit right. Worst tailor I've ever been too and he bragged about his workmanship. He knows he f'ed up my pants but won't admit fault. He isn't blind and when he looks in the mirror, obviously he can see the problem. He even dare to tell me he doesn't know. LO L WTF you are a tailor.. Wtf do you mean you don't know. Idiot. Worst tailor ever, although he was nice at first but in the end he showed his true colors. Goodluck if you go to this tailor.