The Home Depot - Home Depot-Maytag Dryer

Company: The Home Depot

Location: 7107 NW 4th Blvd. #270
Gainesville, FL, 32607, US

URL: http://homedepot.com/

I bought a new dryer with a moisture sensor because it was recommended to save energy and money. It was delivered April 1, 2008 and has not worked properly since delivery. The dryer shuts off automatically but the clothes are not dry. I have been in constant communication with Home Depot, A&E Appliance Repair, Cornerstone Appliance Service, and Voyles Appliance Repair, and Maytag. They all keep telling me I don't know how to use a dryer and just because the dryer doesn't work the way I want it to doesn't mean the dryer does not work. The whole point of buying the dryer with the moisture sensor was so the dryer would not keep drying dry clothes. It is supposed to shut off when the clothes are dry. What is does is shuts off and the clothes are still wet. I keep being told its my fault.

50f56a65, 2012-06-04, 02:14AM CDT

I have the same problem with my maytag and I was told the same thing IT's not the Dryer it's ME!(New in sept 2011) I was also told not to use dryer sheets because they coat the sensor bars and they will not work well duh! I have hard water and after spending 2,000 bucks on a laundry set, I shouldn't have to spend another 600 bucks a year pampering it with a water softener ( we have high calcium not Iron). I have given up, I use the timed dry, I don't have time to Babysit an $800.00 dryer that doesn't do it's job! I Have a 5 year warranty so no biggy every time I have a problem they will just have to come out and fix it. New laundry Machines are Pathetic to say the least, ya can't even replace the gasket that goes around the lint trap yourself they have to order it and install it themselves it's just ridiculous!. Mine also has the steam dry which also sucks big time the clothes come out with wet spots on them so much for steaming!