Walmart - Walmart Customer Service

Posted on Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 at 1:59pm CDT by 4541dd88

Company: Walmart

URL: http://www.walmart.com/

Every Walmart I have been to in the past year has had the worst customer service. The employees are obviously dissatisfied with the moral because everytime you hear them talking to one another they are complaining about never getting a break or working over. Of course not being treated properly makes them have a bad attitude towards customers. I don't know if the employees attitudes stem from being treated poorly by their employer of if there is that many rude individuals in the world.

422e7fac, 2008-07-01, 04:08PM CDT

Speaking as an exWal-Mart part-time employee being treated poorly leads to a bad attitude.

6f2b4e78, 2008-08-08, 02:01AM CDT

I agree strongly, it seems that every walmart that I go to seems to have employees with attitudes I have no idea how they hire these people.

c458eec9, 2008-09-10, 01:14PM CDT

Then quite your job find a job where you don't have to work with the public because no matter how badly you are treated by your Boss you do NOT take it out on the customers..At the time I was living in Tenn. I had a boss who would yell at us, cuss us and throw stuff at us when he was having a bad day. Did I take it out on my Customers? Hell no, one day my Boss caught me at a bad moment he shoved a buggy into me and it hit me in the back so I stood up turned around and kicked the buggy back at him as hard as I could it knocked him down on top of some boxes then I told him to shove his job up his ass..as I was walking to the storeroom to clock out and get my stuff a Customer asked me where something was, I directed her to the right aisle then I clocked out..as I was leaving I was stopped again I told the second customer I no longer worked there then I found someone to help her then I left..Just because one person is a asshole that doesn't give you the right to be one too especially to someone who doesn't deserve it, like an innocent bystander! I have two words for anyone who treats people badly just because they are having a bad day..GROW UP!

c458eec9, 2008-10-07, 12:13PM CDT

My Partner and I was looking at engagement rings we decided to see what Walmart offered..we saw one in the case we wanted to see up close..so we stood and waited for about 20 mins. no one ever showed up to help us..so my Partner hunted down a employee and told her we needed help in the jewelry dept. and she said "ok" then walked away we waited another 30 mins and still no one ever showed up..finally we had had enough as we neared the customer service desk where that employee was standing gabbing with a friend my Partner snapped "too busy to do your job..fine, then we will take our business elsewhere" she sneered, but said nothing she lost Walmart a near $1000 sale..the next day we went to JC Penney and found a gorgeous ring..sadly the clerk tried to cheat us out of $200 when my Partner wouldn't go for it the manager showed up and set things right on the spot..what's up with store employees anyway are they all a bunch of lazy thieves or or just stupid??

33436d6c, 2011-02-24, 11:47PM CST

The reason (according to me) that customer service is rotten at Wal-Mart is because the employees are jaded; having to deal with complete assholes and ignorant jerks every day tends to make one care less about what customers have to say.

There's just as many rude employees as there are rude customers. I've never intentionally been rude to a customer since I began working at Wal-Mart, but for some reason I just can't win with some people.

After 5 months of verbal abuse from 60% of the Electronics "customers" at Wal-Mart, I quit. These fools will ask you a question and then jump down your throat when you don't give them the answer they want. It's like selling toys to overgrown children, except there are no parents around to swat them in the butt when they misbehave.

You know what else is "funny"? Hahahaha!! Whee!! Electronics employees are called Sales Associates but since we spend so much time either resetting mods, stocking shelves (which is what the overnighters and 3rd shift are for), or getting stopped 100 times per day with stupid, inane questions that could easily be answered by walking around and opening eyeballs ("Where is X?", "When are you getting more of this in stock?", "How many days do I have to wait to get this?", "I live Y miles away. Am I going to have to drive all the way back over here if this doesn't work?", and my favorite "How do I hook up my DVD player to my TV?"). GAAAAH!!! MAKE IT STOP! The DVD players have bright, black-and-white, detailed diagrams RIGHT ON THE BOX as to how to set up your shiny new player to your TV. All of them have instructions. Get your 5 year old child to help you. Please.

Please, don't bitch at us because we don't have something in stock. Thanks to a little something called BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS, we have suppliers who release goods on a periodical basis. Sometimes, they don't come in when they are supposed to, or when they do come in, we CANNOT PUT THEM ON THE SHELVES BECAUSE YOU SWARM US 24/7. I have literally had something in my hand, on my way to put it on the shelf, when I was stopped by 4 people on the way. It took me 30 minutes to do a 1 minute job. Nice, huh?

We don't have time to be salesmen, or learn about our products because we have neither the manpower or time. All of our energy is spent doing work that should be assigned to someone else, or providing directory services to phone shoppers. The problem is simply this: 24-hour retail stores cannot work efficiently and still provide maximum customer service. There is just no frickin' way. The reason other stores have what you want in stock, dear customers, is that you didn't piss and moan until those stores opened 24 hours.

They close at a certain time so that RESTOCKING AND CLEANING WORK CAN BE DONE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. Cashiers can go home, mothers and fathers can go home to their families at reasonable hours of the day, instead of midnight, and everyone has a more pleasant experience as a result. BUT NO!! The worst thing Wal-mart has ever decided to do is stay open 24 hours, 7 days a week. I know some aren't like that, but the one I worked at is. The sad thing is that other mass retail chain stores are doing the same damn thing.

My daughter has had to go to bed too many times without either her mommy or daddy there to tuck her in; that's devastating for a 22-month old girl. She has been practically raised by babysitters for the last 6 months just because we had no choice but to work enough hours to make ends meet, yet work late shifts more often than not because of open availability.

If anyone who is reading this still wants to work for Wal-Mart, remember that they pick their morning shifts based on seniority. If you are a newbie or haven't been working there for 7 years, you will get stuck working late shifts (2nd / 3rd). Discrimination? Yes. Can you do anything about it? Yes. Work somewhere else. Don't support your local Wally World, no matter how cheap they seem to be. Trust me, it's not worth it.