FEDEX - FEDEX DENIED CLAIM FOR DAMAGED COOKTOP

Posted on Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 at 11:25pm CDT by a04dc4ab

Product: FEDEX

Company: FEDEX

We have shipped a brand new KENMORE ELITE CERAMIC SURFACE COOKTOP to NC in original solid Manufacture packaged box with molded styrofoam definitely satisfied industry standard.The cooktop is sale for $799.99 in Sears and we purchased $500 declared value because the recipient paid us $500 + shipping. The item was arrived smashed broken top and inside and the recipient refused the cooktop when it was delivered and returned back to me. Fedex pick it up from my home and did a inspection. They sent back to me after several days. I filed a damaged claim. But received their first denial letter saying MY "PACKAGE WERE NOT PACKED CORRECTLY". I sent 3 emails with attached pictures showing the cooktop was manufacture orginal packed brand new in the box with molded styrofoam definitely meet industry standard. Fedex must drop hard to broke the top. The claim agent GOLDIA never respond my emails. Finally I got her over the phone. She said the claim was deinied because Fedex can only honor $100 plus shipping cost of liablilty. She said ground tariff describe Glassware, including, but not limited to, signs, mirrors, ceramics, porcelains, china, crystal, glass, framed glass and any other commodity with similarly fragile qualities.

FEDEX GROUND ONLY PROVIDE $100 MAXIMUM LIABILITY EVEN THOUGH I PURCHASED $500 DECLARED VALUE. I try to dispute with agent and one lady from executive management whether any item which has a piece of glass on it like camera, camcorder or TV can be only honored $100 maximum? They do not say YES or NO. They said they will stand behind their tariff and they will not change. It looks like even though you paid with extra money for the declared value they are not going to honor the actual cost. I got their $118 check but never cash out. We will lose lots of money on this if we accept. Anyone can give me advice?

08aec1ce, 2009-01-08, 07:28AM CST

It appears that FedX gladly charges for Declared value but almost always refuses claim. I just sued them in Magistrate court and got a $10,000 judgement which I was told they are going to appeal. Sue them, sooner or later this will be a class action since they will charge anyone for the additional declared value but refuse claims.

e9b2a537, 2009-01-12, 02:22PM CST

I sent a CNC-machine to France (from US). Declared value US $ 14,000 I paid over $ 100 for declared value. Fedex delivered the machine damaged. We filed a complain and Fedex rejected the claim.

42dd858d, 2009-06-18, 12:08AM CDT

YOU THINK THAT IS BAD! FED LOST $53,000.00 WORTH OF MY COMPANIES MERCEDES BENZ PARTS. THEY DENIED OUR CLAIM EVEN THOUGH, I PURCHASED 600.00 WORTH OF INSURANCE. GO FIQURE... RELAX IT'S FEDEX. YEAH RIGHT! PADREPARTS.COM