Budget Rental Car

Product: Budget Rental Car

Company: Budget Rental Car

Location: 19030 28th Ave. South
Seattle, WA, 98188, US

Budget Rental Car gave me a car with 2 rows of seats, then switched me to another different car and consequently created time pressure to reach my next appointment. I noticed a brush on the bumper but it seemed minor and didn't mention anything as it seemed like nothing. When I returned Michael Webster said the bumper was actually damaged and that it was my responsibility to cover it. We were not in an accident, but Michael said that his people would not have made a mistake, and that this was my fault. I feel as though I have been through a robbery after using Budget Rental Car. I would not recommend using either Budget and one should carefully avoid the Seattle SeaTac Airport. This was the station manager that I was dealing with and he is running an operation there that doesn't check carefully cars going out but does check them very carefully coming in, and he will hang repairs on unsustpecting customers with no hesitation. They need to cover losses and don't care whether it is done justly.

534310e0, 2008-01-07, 05:42PM CST

This gentleman stated to me twice that he had walked around the car when he picked it up and did not see any damage. At no time during the 20 minutes I spent with him did he mention that the damage was present when he rented the vehicle. This bumper damage was not minor and upon check in our agent called it to the renter's attention. The bumper had been hit from the front corner in such a way as to make the side of the front bumper stick out about an inch on the left side. All we asked from the customer is that he fill out a report and sign it, even if he were to write that he had no idea how the damage occurred. At no time did any employee state that there was an accident or that the customer was at fault. I did state that customers are responsible for damage that occurs when the car is on rent. It would be advisable that any consumer renting a car from any company should do a walk around before departing, as this customer did. Any questions about dents or scratches should be brought to the attention of an employee at that time.