Capital One - Capital One Abuse

Company: Capital One

Location: P.O. Box 26074
Richmond, VA, 23260, US

URL: http://www.capitalone.com/

I have had a Capital One Card since 1999 and usually if not always paid my bills in full every month. Here in San Diego County we had a fire and many including my self had to be evacuated for several days. Some how, I misplaced or did not receive my credit card bill and did not pay it on time. The following Month I paid the full amount due and an abusive late charge. That was not the end, recently I made a large purchase thinking I would pay it off over time at the 8% or 9% rate I had with Capital One but found my rate had been adjusted to 27.15%, I also have a blemish on my credit report. I did call them and they offered to reduce the rate to 12% but I still find that abusive. If my company did business the way Capital One does, we would not be in business long.

037f71dd, 2008-10-04, 05:56PM CDT

I get Capital One offers all the time, but WILL NEVER get a Capital One card. Like this story, I know of a man that just lost lost his business and several months later lost his wife of 35 years. He didn't have the money for the funeral. Many people donated. He deposited the money in his checking account only to find out that Capital One had taken it through a judgment. He tried explaining it to Capital One, they didn't care.

d3207ddb, 2009-03-02, 04:16PM CST

How do I contact capitol one about abuse of my capitol one banking account?

incredible c., 2012-08-12, 06:13PM CDT

Hello,

IDENTY FRAUD!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ AND CALL ASAP

My name is Cathleen Shirk, maiden name on ss# is Cathleen Conover.

I call your 1 800 # and put in my ss# which claims I have an account with you.

Please call ASAP 609 288 6277. I've had ID theft since 2003 that I know about.

This person is hacking into my computer, I found in the view history they have been to your site. If a male answers it is impossible, my husbands Deaf. They also, have a block on my getting phone calls. My home address is, Cathleen Shirk, 14 James Ave. Southampton, NJ. 08088. Please mail all information having to do with my ss#. I have a police case #. Last 4 #s of my ss# is 6727. They are using different names.

Sincerely

Cathleen Shirk

birth date 10 10 1967

4843cc12, 2013-08-18, 10:10PM CDT

I received this email to my email account. I talk to a capital one chat person and said nothing was wrong with my account. What I was wondering is this a scam email. Thank You

Capital One ([email protected])

Add to contacts

10:06 AM

To: [email protected]

Capital One(SM)

Add us to your address book.

Help prevent fraud.

A new message from Capital One?

Dear Capital One OnlineSM Customer,

We have detected an unusual activity in your account.

We have temporarily de-activated your account for your own protection.

kindly update your account details as soon as possible, so we can complete your security update.

Click here to update your account www.Capitalone.com

f2920973, 2013-12-03, 10:57AM CST

to whom it may concern: in november I received an e-mail from you at my roadrunner account which was just recently activated after being with another internet provider for many years. you wrote that you added another user to my account....I am afraid that someone is making purchases under my name....I have not had an account with you since I moved to maine from Maryland in 2006 or thereabouts...please check into this matter. thank you.

sincerely,

bette-jean crouse-perez

Alfred, me. 04002

207-504-2337

[email protected]

scott w., 2014-01-20, 10:16PM CST

I recently received two messages, one text and one on my voicemail. Both messages were concerning my Capital One MasterCard. Both stating that my account has been locked or blocked and I should follow the link (http://afrainho.com/capitalone.com/customer.php)to further correct or unlock this matter. I did neither and called the 800 number to speak with a representative. Both times a representative informed me that my account was intact and just fine.

The tx I received was sent from [email protected] and wanted me to click on the link I stated above. Curiously enough, my mobile service is with Verizon. The phone number which the call originated was not a complete 10 digit number. It read on my caller i.d. as 25363827.

My concern is not so much with Capital One Bank but with Verizon Mobile. Is it possible that some Idiot tech genius working for Verizon is trying to hack into mobile users accounts to commit fraud?

Could someone check into this matter ASAP and follow up with an email response?

S. Weide

Cheryl H., 2014-04-07, 06:12PM CDT

Getting phone calls from, supposedly from Capitol One ID alert, that unusual activity on my account had occurred. I was to call 800-234-3898 to see what was going on with my ID alert. According to number look up, this same call also used Citi-Bank card ID alert to get people to call back.

Keith Michael Valentine M., 2014-06-14, 03:46PM CDT

My name is Keith McKibben and I have been informed by Equifax that someone with the same name has a Capitalone credit card and is giving me a bad credit report. I don't own a Capitalone creditcard only an RBC platinum Visa since the 1980's. I may be able to give your investigators a clue on 2 points. In the early 1990's My wallet containing my SIN card was stolen from a Montreal Gym. In 2012 my email with yahoo was compromised so I now have an RCMP report no 14632 on file. This in Duncan,BC where I now live.

I am a retiree in my 80's and my wife and I take pride in having no debt. I will be obliged to have one of your fraud investigators to contact me as I consider this a serious matter.

Valerie W., 2014-07-29, 06:52PM CDT

Received call from a Harold A. Dieck stating he was from Capitol One and other Credit Card Services that they could lower my interest rates on all my credit cards. This person or persons in the back ground appear to seem like they are really calling from a litigate company. There where at least three people taking information. This call seems to be a scam.

Spoke with Credit Card Services regarding this matter. No knowledge of this information known. Reporting fraudulent cases. Please make this known.

Caller from a Harold A Dieck 1-314-367-3538. St. Louis Missouri.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.