Tracfone Wireless - Where to get help at Tracfone

Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 9:18pm CST by 09394929

Company: Tracfone Wireless

URL: http://www.tracfone.com/

I recently encountered a horrible customer service experience with Tracfone's cusotmer service. At the time I thought I was completely in the right and argued quite a bit with the customer service rep, even her supervisor too. I was trying to use a promo code when I added my double minute airtime card and did not receive my 200 minutes. The rep kept telling me that I didn't qualify for the promo. After several minutes of some back and forth, I hung up and decided and search the web for help. I came accross the following phone number 1-800-876-5753 that went to Tracfones corporate office, to their Executive Resolution team. I fully expected to have another round of being told I didn't qualify for the promo minutes. I was pleasantly suprised to get a rep that was professional and knowledgable. She explained that I had purchased the wrong double minute card for the promo I was trying to use. If only the original rep told me. My recommendation to anyone else having a hard time with Tracfone customer service is to use this number 1-800-876-5753!

f6047400, 2008-03-24, 02:55PM CDT

Your are right on! I had a problem with Tracfone and talked to "customer service" reps literally all over the world (India, Philippines, South America) and calling this number solved my problem in 10 minutes

e638afbc, 2008-09-09, 11:34AM CDT

1-800-876-5753 is a whole different world compared to the regular customer service number. This number honored my double minutes adding 260 minutes to my phone. *********************** The next part is what I was preparing to send to the Southeast Florida Better Business Bureau, using their online form. It explains my issue.********************

Soon after I purchased the phone, about two years ago, I purchased a "Double Minute" card.

Yesterday, 09/08/2008 I purchased airtime minutes/units expecting "double minutes". I did not get double minutes.

When I called to find out why I was informed that my double minute card had expired. They said it was only good for one year but due to a system error the one year cards worked for two years. It was their choice to let the one year cards run for two years, even after they discovered the error.

I was not informed of the error until I called today, 09-09-2008. I was also not informed that my double minute card was about to expire. I receive communications from TracFone by email and phone text messages. It seems to me that I should have been informed of these developments.

I usually buy 200 minute cards online for $39.99, about 20 cents a minute. With double minutes it's 10 cents a minute.

When I became aware of the situation during my inquiry to customer support, I simply asked for my money back.

I was informed by three individuals over the course of two phone calls that TracFone does not refund payments for minutes, ever! I then asked that they honor the double minute card for that purchase. They said they would not. Again I asked for a refund and was denied.

f05f49b4, 2009-09-01, 02:53PM CDT

Bought new tracfone 7-22-09 to replace one I had used for 6 years. Wanted to keep old business-use number. Called regular cust service many times over next c. 6 weeks and spent c. 7 hrs on phone with attendants and supervisors. Got new sim card. Had several 48--72 hr wait periods to see if phone would work with old number. It never did. Found this site today 9-1-09. Called 1-800-876-5753 and without having to go thru number punching process, just a short wait, got a knowledgeable human man who immediately grasped my situation, and is programming and sending me a new sim card overnight. I expect it to work this time. If not, well, guess I'll let you know.

977c6c08, 2011-04-15, 09:06PM CDT

Thanks - the representative at that number helped me when I could not get anywhere with the regular customer service people and the supervisors.

My problem was I let the service days lapse on my tracfone. Then, when I added a refill card on the my.account area - the minutes and service days did not get to the phone. Calling the regular 1-800 number led to the phone getting the minutes - but a new phone # being assigned. That was ok by me - but I could not access the Long Distance 1-800-706-3839 number. Repeated calls and emails to customer service got nowhere. They kept telling me the long distance setting was already there for my phone. 1 hour after calling the 1-800-876-5753 number I had my long distance back. Most likely their computer system said I had long distance - but in fact I did not seeing as my service days had lapsed.