TracFone Wireless, Inc. - Tracfone Sucks, They'll Rip you off in a heartbeat

Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 at 9:16am CST by 5ab98eef

Product: Tracfone Wireless Service

Company: TracFone Wireless, Inc.

Location: TracFone Wireless, Inc. Attention: Executive Resolution Department 9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami, Fl, 33178, US

URL: http://www.tracfone.com

If you are considering these people for phone service be sure to have plenty of vaseline.

I had a phone stolen, contacted Tracfone same day to have phone inactivated, was informed at that time all I had to do was purchase another tracfone and then contact company to get number,time and expiration dates transferred to new phone. 2 weeks later New phone arrives, tracfone contated, wrong SIM sent with phone, interaction number given so next analyst can see problem. 2 weeks later new SIM arrives, tracfone called, cannot open interaction number, will transfer expiration date but only will transfer 480 of 1000 minutes becasue thats the last purchase from tracfone I had. Unless I want to wait 2 weeks and then they can obtain verification of minutes from stolen phone. another interaction number given. 2 weeks laterm contacted tracfone, new phone activated but only shows 120 minutes and expiration of 90 days, explained that it should be 1000 minutes and expiration of 03/2101, analyst can't help me and cannot open either of the interaction numbers, I must call between 9A and 5P M-F. E-mail sent to tracfone customer service explaining issues and what my expectatons were. Tracfone replies they will tranfer 480 minutes and expiration date of 03/2010 but I have to call customer service anytime between 8a and 9p. Interaction number given. Customer service called. all interaction numbers given, none can be opened, passed to supervisor, still cannot open interaction numbers, cannot tranfer time I must call back between 9 and 5, will not allow me to forward email stating they should do it.

So I give up, I'll take the lesser amount of minutes just because I'm tired of screwing with these people, OH Guess What, they won't transfer the expiration date now. I get 480 of my 1000 minutes and instead of a 3/6/2010 expiration I get 06/18/2008, so instead of 1000 minutes and 2 years I get 480 minutes and 90 days. I've been ripped off twice.

fd0ec3ec, 2008-02-23, 12:09PM CST

HAHAHAHA FUCKER. You deserve it.

Sincerly,

TracFones Customer Care Center.

26ab6585, 2008-06-28, 12:41PM CDT

You deserve to DIE! you jack tard!

0767f2df, 2008-11-17, 06:22PM CST

Tracfone really sucks.

Every time I turn around they are shutting my phone off even though I just purchased minutes and my due date is good.

If I call them, they say they have to send out a new sim card and I am without a phone for 3-4 day.

They really suck.

I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Tracfone sucks.

34b92c97, 2009-07-25, 07:28AM CDT

I was a newcomer to prepaid phones and have a long tenure with major providers via monthly service plans. (Initially) I was hooked on Tracfone by the ease of their website and what appeared to be a best value in comparison to other prepaid providers. From online purchase point forward, it all went downhill - and fast. The cell phone was ordered online but arrived weeks later because they got my address wrong. When the phone arrived, it seemed to be a lemon rebuild as the battery wouldn't hold a decent charge and the on-off button was stubborn and flaky. My port request was apparently not done properly so I lost my old phone number. After this initial disappointment I reverted out of necessity to the original Tracfone number and SIM card but that too, soon enough, went bad and said "SIM Card Unregistered". Good thing I wasn't stranded on the road with that Tracfone. After spending (wasting) at least two + hours on the phone with various confused and long-winded reps I soon realized all value had left the equation and energy spent on this had moved to the negative side and was eating into my peace of mind and productivity. After 2 SIM card replacements the phone still did not work so I chose to dump it (along with the 40+ minutes) that I couldn't use. I can honestly say that after my experience with Tracfone and in light of my need for a DEPENDABLE mobile phone and uptime equipment that the only way I would return to Tracfone or use their services would be if they suddenly became the last provider on this planet. NOT RECOMMENDED!

d12bb042, 2009-08-16, 03:32PM CDT

I know It happen to me to

They Don't even have a American call center!

f113427f, 2010-02-09, 09:38PM CST

I had a problem with an LG200C that the screen went

haywire within three months. This phone had a double minute feature

for life card already installed on it. It was a part of the purchase

price. Tracfone decided to replace it under warranty. They sent me

another LG200C and I sent them the old one back as per their

instructions. My remaining minutes were transferred (after two extra

calls to customer service), but when I went to add a new card, I found

out that they removed the double minute feature. I called again to

inquire as why the feature wasn't transferred, they said I never had

it to begin with. I told them that the original phone did have that

feature as I watched the minutes double several times. It was the only

reason I bought that phone. They continued to tell me that I didn't

know what I was talking about. They could tell by the serial number

that the replacement phone was not a double minute phone, but how

convenient for them that they couldn't tell that about the original

phone by it's serial number. Lying bastards. This is a well

established scam by Tracfone. My minutes ran out and I will never buy

another product from this contemptible company nor will I ever

recommend them to anyone

d2b85649, 2010-02-24, 03:48AM CST

Cry like a good American. Would you like a tasty goat curry with rice and nam?

801a163a, 2010-04-15, 03:01AM CDT

I bought minutes & when the phone activated it stated I needed to call customer service to complete the activation.

I could not understand the person, she did not know what she was doing, she ended up switching me to someone else without telling me. This person also could not speak english & finally I gave up since I had used over 30 minutes this entire time. He told me he could not reimburse me for the minutes & switched me to a "supervisor". After being on hold for over 7 minutes I hung up in frustration.

I wasted 45 minutes dealing with the "idiots" in their supposed customer service department.

They need to get people who can speak english & know what they are doing!

Anyone want to buy my phone? Cheap!

TracFone SUCKS!!

801a163a, 2010-04-15, 03:16AM CDT

They need to get people who can speak english & know what they are doing!

Anyone want to buy my phone? Cheap!

TracFone SUCKS!!

f1331ba5, 2010-06-05, 09:23PM CDT

yeah i know they really suck i used to work for those ppl here in guatemala and i agree their service sucks they dont even own their own lie they lease from att and verizon t mobile and alltel what a rip off companie that dont recognize ppl talent for ppl who really break their asses off for them they give higher positions only to guys who will give them a blowjob so yes they suck and i agree with that fuck tracfone

248544c7, 2010-06-16, 11:13AM CDT

I agree wholeheartedly. I have had nothing but misery with this company.

Purchased a Tracphone as an extra security.

The Expiration Date and minutes evaporated overnight. In other words, it reset to ZERO.

Two calls to their "help center" were without satisfaction. First call to Guyana!!! Bad connection and background chatter. Second call to a young man in the Phillipines. Call lasted 23 minutes! No satisfaction.

Truly unbelievable.

921c11f2, 2010-06-17, 10:28AM CDT

To say Tracfone sucks is an understatemnt!! I tried to port my cell phone number to Tracfone and not only did that not happen but Tracfone port my house phone to another carrier (unauthorized). If you are considering purchasing a Tracfone please call their 800 number to get a dose of reality. Please hold for 3 minutes while we check this out X 27. They suck! Bring back jobs to American and can Indian!

57a71cd7, 2010-08-22, 02:17PM CDT

August 2010: I am 18 days, 4 service calls, and 2 sim cards into a phone number port (LNP - Local Number Port), to a Tracfone LG420G phone on the TMobile network. During the first service call the service rep tried to sell me time in order to complete the activation - LOL. The service rep also refused to transfer me to a supervisor, then proceeded to drag me through the standard Tracfone diagnostic script. The service rep MF'd me by cancelling my port request for which I had to start the process all over again. Tracfone sent me a new sim card, claiming sim activation can only occur once, and botched that one as well - assigning me a new number. I'm waiting for a 3rd sim card. Meanwhile, the LG420G "service days left" is counting down. Advice to everyone; DO NOT port a number to Tracfone - start with a new number.

be388450, 2011-08-18, 11:03PM CDT

AFAIC, tracfone is nothing but SCUM, they're all worthless thieves and liars. After what they've done to me I hope there's a special hell for people who run their "customer service" center.

8492405a, 2011-11-17, 02:22PM CST

we lost everything in Hurricane Ike, including our home. I have a disabled husband and daughter. Social security sends checks to our address every month! CDBG and Galveston county housing authority just verified our address to rebuild our home. Galveston county has been taxing that address since 1955. BUT, TRACFONE, cannot verify our address. so, even though we qualify through PUC to get get SAFELINK, no one in my home is safe because they can't give us our minutes we qualify for. They can't verify my address!

f7e39b96, 2012-10-31, 01:49AM CDT

I just bought LG800g a few months ago from Tracfone. Moved overseas for work a couple weeks ago and wanted to use the phone with a local SIM card. Tracfone has phone locked so that it cannot accept a new SIM. A call to tech support yielded nothing aside from a couple clueless people and a rude manager, as well as 40 minutes of my time wasted. I was hoping that they'd help me unlock the phone to take other SIM cards, seeing that it is MY phone.

4afa8b58, 2013-03-09, 08:51PM CST

CRAPTACULAR customer service and products! Yes, you get both. Make sure to purchase your nightmare/money sucking phone and set it up online or with one of their human time vampires ASAP. I am shopping for another cheap alternative at this point. Bought new phone with triple minutes for life for my son (just used for emergencies). SIM card stopped working 3 times already. Just got off the phone with customer service (a misnomer if there ever was one) and they needed to assign a new number and "add minutes" and "days" as there is no record of me ever purchasing these. New number because they reassigned it to another Tracfone sucker. So I ante up the 9.99 for 30 minutes and 30 days. Only 30 minutes shows - instead of 90- (I had over 200 minutes that were "lost" to begin with...) I asked why only 30 and not the triple minutes and that "deal" has now been deleted as well. Think twice before getting a Tracfone. I thought it was a cheap alternative to expensive contracts but I'm probably spending the same just purchasing and re-purchasing days and minutes. The company should be ashamed of their service and products.