DISH Network - Top Ten List: Why DISH Network Sucks

Company: DISH Network

Location: 5701 South Santa Fe Dr
Littleton, CO, 80120, US

URL: http://dishnetwork.com

DishNetwork (abbreviated DN from now on) does NOT give a damn about pleasing their customers. And why should they, their product is garbage too. Like Letterman's Top Ten List, here is my Top Ten List of why I think DN SUCKS.

10.) EVERY TIME it storms, service goes out. Does DN care? No.

9.) When we upgraded to HD, they left the old receiver at our house so they could keep charging us a "Leased Receiver Fee" ($5.00)

8.) No local channels in HD and not that many other channels in HD either. Also, HD honestly doesn't look as good as other services I've seen. And yes, we're using an HDMI cable.

7.) One of our "new" receivers was broken and DN wanted to charge us $15 dollars in shipping fees to send it back. It took some serious yelling to get them to pay for it.

6.) When we initially upgraded to HD "for free" they threw in a $50 receiver installation fee "by accident". It took 2 phone calls (lasting about 1.5 hours) and 4 different associates (including one manager) to get them to take it off.

5.) When I asked the manager why the previous associate didn't see another associate's notes in our account, the manager said "Oh, sometimes managers can see notes that no one else can see." WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE FREAKING NOTES THEN?

4.) When we upgraded to HD, I had to call them to activate the HD channels. The guy who installed it didn't even bother to check if it worked. Oh and he used composite cables on our HDTV despite the shiny new HDMI cable we laid out in front of his face.

3.) Been a customer more than 4 years now, and we had to start a contract when we upgraded to HD. Now if we cancel, we'll have to pay a $240 cancellation fee.

2.) Shameless DN ads constantly playing on every single channel.

And, drum roll please ....

The number 1 reason why DN SUCKS: When I expressed my intent to cancel their service immediately, they didn't object at all. It was the only time in the conversation they confidently knew how to proceed.

We only subscribe to DN because my parents only watch one international channel they offer. If you are looking for a customer-friendly, reliable, high-quality cable TV service, just look at the majority of reviews on this site and

DO NOT GET DISH NETWORK.

I repeat and implore everyone reading this,

DO NOT GET DISH NETWORK.

20cde611, 2010-01-26, 10:22AM CST

i m local retailer plz call me 9193846006,i will make u happy and back u track call me if u can iwill gave u all the free bee.