Wells Fargo Auto Finance - Wells Fargo Unauthorized Bank Withdraw Deny Refund

Company: Wells Fargo Auto Finance

Location: 2501 Seaport Drive
Chester, PA, 19013-1510, US

URL: http://financial.wellsfargo.com

My horror started on Jan. 7, 2008 when one of Wells Fargo Auto Finance Customer Serv. Reps. called to collect Jan. payment. I do understand my payment was late but it was only days late not months. This wonderful customer service rep. took it upon herself to set up an electronic debit from my checking account on Jan. 18, 2008. This was not approved and when we received the confirmation letter of electronic debit I was very surprise since my husband went to the bank on Jan. 17, 2008 and paid cash for our Jan. payment. We called the 800# on Saturday and they stated they could not do anything until it was taken from the bank. They told us to send a letter from our bank that states the withdraw and they would overnight a check. On Tuesday Jan. 22 that was done and my life crashed. The funds were withdrawn the 800# continue to state the same thing and nothing no return phone calls or money returned. My account is at a negative and have no money for my son's Asthma medication, food, or gas. I have lost my mind over this matter, no one will return our phone calls. It has been nine days and I have had to call in at work because my son still does not have his medication. I cannot pay for my weekly daycare fees since my whole payroll check was taken by the bank for NSF's. Everyone keep apologizing but that does no good I need my money back to pay for my son's medication. I have called everyday and faxed letters everyday and still not response. Wells Fargo has disappointed me and I am back on my depression pills and ulcer medication all due to this error they have done to me and my family. I cannot believe a company would treat their customers like this. I can only put my problems in the Lords hand and continue to pray it will get resolved before it is too late.

5de5165c, 2008-03-12, 03:29PM CDT

I would like to assure you that customer service reps do not contact you to collect a payment, that would be collections. I do understand your situation but unfortunatly it does take 30+ days to the money to be refunded. Here is a good tip: Call the 800# that keeps calling you and let them know you need to speak with the refund department. Thats who you need to contact.

0b6009bf, 2008-08-14, 07:58PM CDT

It's a bit late, but...Why in the world did your husband pay cash for a payment that I'm sure you were notified of an electronic debit? It is against the law for any merchant to debit your account with out your authorization. You need to file a complaint with your bank and state to them that this was an unauthorized transaction. Ask them to provide proof that those funds were cashed, call them and apply those extra funds to your next payment and then sue them for the NSF fees. OR, just dispute the charges and they will refund that money a lot faster then those losers at WFFA