Thomasville Furniture - Thomasville's stinky furniture and service

Product: Park Avenue Chest by Klaussner

Company: Thomasville Furniture

Location: 11 street and Heritage Drive
Calgary, AB, CA

I purchased a chest of drawers from Thomasville Furniture and found that it has a terrible musty smell and is stinking up my house. They refuse to replace it. They gave me the options of either a 10% refund of the price to live with the stinky thing or after another delivery charge of $75 I can have a store credit. I am not interested in returning one half of the bedroom set or keeping it. I just want it replaced with a unit that does not smell bad. The customer service I have received is the worst.

Valerie

5df2f8c1, 2008-03-12, 10:59AM CDT

Update - Thomasville decided to replace the dresser. It was picked up at the beginning of February. I have not received the replacement as of yet, today is Wednesday, March 12, 2008.

5df2f8c1, 2008-05-05, 12:36PM CDT

Well it is now May and Thomasville just delivered the wrong replacement to me, just 3 months waiting for it. When I called the girl seemed upset that THEY made an error on the paperwork and need to order another dresser from China, and I guess that it will be another 3 months.

15ea0945, 2011-02-08, 10:40AM CST

I have the same issue.

I ordered a bachelor's chest for the foyer. I have a new house (no mildew) as soon as the chest arrived - it smelled up the whole foyer. I got them to replace it. The replaced item smells as bad as the first. They have some mfg issues, for sure. I plan on putting it out on the deck, 1st nice day in Spring! maybe some sun and air will work on the smelly chest!