Dish Network - Be suspicious of Dish Network retailers when purchasing their satellite system.

Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 at 9:43pm CST by 4cf83ae5

Product: Dish Newtork HD Satellite System

Company: Dish Network

Location: Unavailable
Palatine, IL, 60055-0063, US

URL: http://www.dishnetwork.com

When I contacted Deans Satellite Service in Sparta Wisconsin to get information on Satellite Service vs. Cable. The sales rep at Deans explained that Dish Network would be perfect because I could suspend service at any time and then reactivate, being that this was not my primary home. I was surprised to find out after calling Dish Network to suspend service that the retailer had misrepresented their policy. I then asked to speak to a manager. His exacts words to me was Dish Network is not responsible for their retailers, how the service is sold or how the policy is explained. I went back to the retailer for help; she could only apologies for explaining the policy incorrect. To-date I have cancelled the service and will be following up with a letter to the BBB. Dish Network is sending my outstaning bill and the cancellation fee to a collection agency. Why would a company not be responsible for their retailers?