Toshiba Computers - Toshiba Computers Disregards Lemon Product Issues

Posted on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 at 9:09pm CST by d3016a7d

Product: Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 notebook computer

Company: Toshiba Computers

URL: http://www.toshiba.com

The clock has never kept time properly. In June 2007 I suffered a randomly generated BIOS password that caused the system to be unbootable. On September 3, 2007, I first started having critical issues with this computer. Windows Vista described this problem with a code named "Blue Screen." Apparently the computer had spontaneously rebooted itself due to some unexpected error. On September 9, 2007, the hard drive in my Toshiba notebook computer crashed. They installed a new hard drive and a new motherboard. On November 27, 2007, the USB ports were not working. The computer had another motherboard put in, as well as a new USB board. The computer is exhibiting the same symptoms tonight that it did just before having the second motherboard and USB board replaced. After several hours on hold I finally spoke with a "Customer Relations Agent." I again explained my situation and was again cited the company policy about exchanges. When I related to her the repair history of my computer, she said that it "is not rare" for one of their computers to have multiple major system components replaced within the first year. After spouting off several threats, I was hung up on by this "Customer Relations Agent."I would like this computer replaced.

d3016a7d, 2008-01-08, 01:13PM CST

I have heard back from Guy Lugo of Toshiba, and he has agreed to attempt to repair the root cause of the problem on my computer, which seems to be an overheating issue that is causing the system board to fail. He has agreed to provide me with restore discs to replace the restore partition that was wiped out when my hard drive was replaced (they originally wanted to charge me $30 for these discs), and he has given me his direct number and agreed to extend the warranty period, if necessary, should this problem arise again within the first couple of months after the warranty expires on 2/1/2008. My computer is still at the repair center pending the ability to repair it, of course.

1e363eca, 2008-01-11, 02:00PM CST

I'm having the same problem. We bought a Toshiba M100 actually two of them. Within one week one of them needed a new system board and LCD. The other one needed a new system board with in 2 months. The first one went back 2 more times within a year for the same problem and they kept replacing the system board. So I called customer relations department and spoke to Izekeo on December 7th 2007. He said I will look into it and get back to you. He called me the following monday and said he needed more time. I figured ok he is making head way and we can be patient about this. End of December comes and goes, I finally contact him back and he states that there is nothing he can do and i should be contacting the extended warrenty people. So he strung me along for a month thanks for nothing Toshiba.

I actually called back again and told them in their warrenty they will repair or replace the computer when an error happens. I told them that the issue is still happening and that they never corrected the problem and what they said is we are no longer working with you and to contact the extended warrenty company.

Extended warrenty people cannot do anything because they have not paid out on this.

I contacted the corporate office and told them whats going on and they said they are looking into it. I doubt anything will happen and now we have a $2000 paper weight.

Sorry just had to vent but I hope Toshiba will make good on there computers. O

d3016a7d, 2008-01-15, 08:49PM CST

My computer was again repaired with a new system board and USB board. Two days later, they both failed again. I have been unable to reach Guy Lugo at the number he provided. This is the FOURTH time that this system board has failed. I believe the matter has gotten a bit out of hand and expect Toshiba to immediately replace this worthless lemon of a notebook computer.

c4abaf60, 2008-03-26, 07:54AM CDT

GOod luck.. I have a 2 year old Toshiba Satellite lap top that has been nothing but trouble. Needed a new power cord 3 months in, was built to have an onboard wireless (all the buttons and logos on it) but alas, the card was never put in in the factory, so has an external one...It hasn't kept time correctly for months, had to have the screen replaced over Christmas and it is messed up again. Last night the right hinge casing cracked. (not listed on the models for remediation) several week s ago had the blue screen of death and the Toshiba disc is recovery only. When the OS couldn't find certain needed files to boot after "recovery", I called Toshiba and was told I would need to buy Windows or find a friend with it to correct the problem NEVER AGIAN A TOSHIBA

cddcbc37, 2009-10-07, 07:39AM CDT

The contact numbers I used can be found in my article at http://arr.gs/7v although I really didn't get anything resolved until a writer at Smart Money Magazine got involved and contacted Toshiba on my behalf for an article he was writing.

Good luck.