A&E Appliance repair

Posted on Saturday, January 19th, 2008 at 10:00am CST by 85f818e3

Product: Whirlpool Appliances

Company: A&E Appliance repair

Location: Richmond, va, US

They have missed an appointment(never showed never called), to cover their tracks they listed me as not home in their computer...I have always been home waiting for them. They have missed diagnosed the problem. This is who Whirlpool uses for their service. I will not buy another product that uses A&E factory service for warrantee.

71287f2a, 2008-02-19, 09:37PM CST

I purchased a Maytag Neptune Washer in July 2005. I purchased the extended warranty via NSI. Shortly thereafter, Whirlpool purchased Maytag. In early January of 2008, I got the error message "LR" which apparently means that the washer's motor is not running. I called NSI and they dispatched A&E. It is now 2/19/08. A&E has been out multiple times, approximately 8 or so. They have also missed two service calls that they scheduled (one of which the repair man said he set me up for, but apparently never did).

Whirlpool evidently gave them the wrong part numbers, or series numbers twice, so parts had to be sent back twice. The circuit board has been replaced, the water pump has been replaced, and the wiring has been replaced. My complaint is not so much with the individual A&E repairman, but with the tacit agreement that appears to be in place between the extended warranty company, A&E, and the manufactuers. The repair man does not seem to know what exactly is wrong with this machine or what is necessary to get it up and running. When the service man left today, he told me he was ordering a bunch of new parts, including the circuit board and wiring - WHICH WERE JUST REPLACED ON THE LAST VISIT!!! He claims that he has never seen so many problems with one machine. He also states that Whirlpool must declare it unrepairable. He has no idea what is wrong with it or what can be done to fix it.

I called NSI and A&E. Under the NSI warranty's lemon provision four issues entitle you to a new machine. According to NSI, however, this means THREE COMPLETED REPAIRS. In other words, although under anyone's definition this machine should be a lemon, as long as A &E NEVER succeeds in getting it up and running, its all still the same repair - all this stuff only counts as one reapair. Essentially, what they seem to be contending is that they can rebuild the machine over 6, 8, 10, 12, 18, 24 months and, as long as it's NEVER fixed, its not a lemon, it's just one ongong repair. They just get to keep sending A&E out, and I just get to keep taking time off of work. Interesting, no?

NSI says that it's a lemon under these circumstances if the A&E repair person deems it unrepairable. The A&E person states that Whirlpool must so state.

I will NEVER purchase an NSI extended warranty again, or use a company that utilizes A&E. I will also never purchase a Whirlpool product again. For those of you who feel the same, BE CAREFUL....Whirlpool makes a number of different products under different manufactuer's names. I understand that GE and Frigidaire make their own products. I will give those companies a chance before I ever buy anything serviced by Whirlpool again.

c4cd7d63, 2008-11-06, 10:49AM CST

I would agree with this Complaint. I have had problems with this company doing warrantee work on my clothes washer. They only did the work if I paid prior looking at washer. I have spent hours on the phone between A&E call center and Whirlpool. A&E will not let you speak directly to Service Managers or Billing Staff. They hind behind a 800# out of TX. No local numbers are ever listed in Yellow pages. They do not allow you to e-mail or fax them with your proof of purchase. They are not list by BBB. Beware!!! Never pay them for anything.

9294853a, 2010-05-14, 10:23PM CDT

You have not even scratched the surface on how horrible Richmond's A+E Appliance repair is. After several "No-Shows", they still have no interest in customer satisfaction. They were scheduled several times to meet me at my custom hand crafted log home on 5 acres right on the lake. The good people at A+E appliances some how find my home a "health hazard" (their words). WHAT!?!!!!? After meeting the service tech. the time that he actually DID show up he spent 3 hours changing a light bulb in the microwave when he was actually there to repair the OVEN! When I informed him of his mistake, he then went to the truck and spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to figure out how to get out of doing the work. Of course "he didn't have the time. So we re-schedule. I make plans to have a family member drive 1 hour to the house and wait ALL DAY. No Show! We try again a week later. Drive another hour, sit there all day, No Show! Even though they called the day before to confirm! This is when they called my multi-million dollar 1 year old home a "health hazard". I can't imagine what could possibly be going on over there. I am counting the days to chapter 11. If you EVER need any appliance repaired and you use Richmond's A+E Appliance repair, you get what you deserve. Throw the thing out before you subject yourself to the incompetence of A+E appliance repair. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!