Baja Broadband formerly Charter Communication - Credit Protection Association, L.P.

Posted on Monday, January 14th, 2008 at 12:23pm CST by 22c1ecdb

Product: Cable and Internet Service

Company: Baja Broadband formerly Charter Communication

Location: 510 24th Street
Alamogordo, NM, 88310-7549, US

I had a sudden move in 2007 from one address to another. In order to have my cable and internet services reconnected, I naturally had to clear my old account of $206.42 to have my new connections installed. The amount in question was late, however, was resolved in April or May of 2007, and my new service was installed. I work from home on the internet, so it is crucial I have a connection. I thought the matter taken care of. Then, in May of 2007, I started receiving collection notices from Credit Protection Association, L.P. stating I had an overdue bill and I needed to resolve this or they will post to my credit report, signed by a J. W. Preston. Needless to say, at the time, there was no contact information for this company. I went to the cable company in question. They stated that the account had been resolved and that I would not have been able to have new service had it not been. But, they could not initiate any disputes with the company, I would have to do so. They gave me a number to call. I contacted the company. CPA stated they would put the matter into 'dispute' and the cable company has 30 days to respond. I heard nothing else from the company and considered the matter taken care of. Then, in December 2007, I started receiving notices again from CPA. They have an address, now, on their form letter of 13355 Noel Rd., Dallas, TX 75240 and an 800 number, 1-800-255-6775. However, the 800 number is a looping recorded message with options to basically dispute or pay. None of the options, #, *, 0, etc., gets you out of the loop to a real person. I again, today, had to call the cable company. I have another matter being looked into by the Senate Representative of our state and stated to my cable company that I am now simply going to forward this matter as well since I now consider this as harrassment since this matter has been going on for almost a year and I am being threatened by CPA to forward payment 'IMMEDIATELY' or this will be reported to my credit report. I am now told by my cable company that the account was resolved, but that the payment was credited to my new account and not the old account and so I have remained in the system. I was not told this during the summer of 2007 when this originally started, nor obviously was CPA, yet I was told the account had been resolved. If it had been resolved, and CPA, contacted them for verification as they stated they would, why is this problem still around. The cable company now state that they are sending an email to their corporate office immediately to get this resolved. We'll see what happens next.

81cdb740, 2008-09-22, 12:24PM CDT

try this number 972-233-9614.....beware this company is basically fraudulent, .they collect debts that don't exist.

103234de, 2009-01-21, 08:14PM CST

I am going through the same situation. Have you heard back from the cable company? Has this issue been resolved?

852af16a, 2009-11-04, 05:45PM CST

How True this story rings. It happened to my daughter too! This company ought to be shutdown. I verified with ComCast that there was a zero balance on my daughter's account. I gave ComCast the account number that CPA listed on their threat letter. ComCast ssid it wasn't even a VALID account number. What a crock.