Archos - Archos Products are Junk!

Posted on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 at 4:48pm CST by 8305c64a

Product: Archos 404 camcorder

Company: Archos

Location: 7951 E. Maplewood Ave.
Greenwood Village, Co, 80111, US

URL: http://www.archos.com/

I purchased a 404 camcorder Aug. '07 at Sam's Clubalong with $160. worth of accessories direct from Archos. After numerous attempts of trying to get decent pictures and videos through settings and firmware updates, Archos finally gave me an RMA for my unit. They returned to me a brand new unit. After about two good videos taken, the same poor quality returned. Contacted Archos support again who advised a firmware update. Did the update and still had poor quality. The videos are not sharp, lighting is poor. I called Tech. Support and eventually was told that there is nothing else they "would" do for me. I expressed my concern that the pictures on the box shows clear, sharp images on the camera, unlike what I have been getting from mine. I was told that "the unit is not a top of the line" item. So basically I am stuck with it!. Contacting Sam's Club who is good about allowing their customers to return items. Am also advising Sam's Club not to sell any more of these products. I will direct them to the Consumer Complaint website so they can read for themselves. It is my opinion that Archos is selling Chinese "Junk" and are not willing to be responsible for the products they are producing.

24110486, 2009-08-23, 02:07PM CDT

This is my reply to the email below.

This email is disgusting. I clicked for 24 hour delivery. I have just purchased over 300 of Archos equipment and downloaded many plug-ins. Please cancel this order. I shall print out a copy of this email to take to my bank and let them know that I have cancelled this order due to misinformation at the time that I made the order. For the 34.48 GBP! Why don't you call in the French Secret Service?

Dear Derek Clewley,

Thank you for your order Transaction ID GB0908001961 well received on 2009/08/23 at 13:31 (Paris time).

To combat Internet fraud, information about your order will be transmitted to our insurer FIA-NET to be checked. In order to validate your order we may ask you in a further email to send us documents to be able to check your delivery address and identity.

After validation of your order, we may need up to 72 hours to process it. So, depending on your geographic location you will receive your order within 3 to 6 working days, after order validation.

Note: orders validated on Fridays, will not be processed until the following Monday morning.

Order N GB0908001961 shipped to: