DELL INC. - WOULDN'T HONOR THEIR PRODUCT.

Posted on Thursday, February 7th, 2008 at 10:30am CST by 54cb3db2

Product: INSPIRON 1521

Company: DELL INC.

URL: http://DELL.COM/

WE ORDERED A LAPTOP FROM DELL IN NOVEMBER FOR A CHRISTMAS GIFT AND AFTER GETTING IT, FOUND OUT THAT THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT SOFTWARES INSTALLED ON THE LAPTOP THAT WERE NOT WORKING CORRECTLY. WE CALLED AND WERE ASSURED THAT BECAUSE IT WAS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, THE LAPTOP WOULD BE REPLACED WITH A BRAND NEW ONE. WHEN WE GOT THE REPLACEMENT, WE FOUND A GREEN STICKER ON THE BOTTON THAT SAID "REFURBISHED". WHEN WE CALLED AND TRIED TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM TAKEN CARE OF, WE WERE PASSED FROM ONE PERSON TO ANOTHER AND KEPT GETTING THE RUN AROUND. NO ONE WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM. WHEN I TOLD THEM I JUST WANTED TO SEND THE LAPTOPS BACK AND BE REFUNDED MY MONEY AND JUST BE DONE WITH THEIR COMPANY, I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS STUCK WITH THE LAPTOP AND I COULD NOT RETURN IT. I TRIED TO GET A CORPORATE NUMBER OUT OF THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT.(WHICH APPARENTLY IS SOMEWHERE IN INDIA, BECAUSE NO ONE SPOKE PROPER ENGLISH AND WERE VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND), AND WAS TOLD THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CORPORATE NUMBER AND IF THEY DID, WOULD NOT GIVE IT OUT. I WAS TOLD I "HAD" TO DEAL WITH THEM.

THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A COMPANY AND I TOLD THEM THAT. I TOLD THEM I WANTED TO JUST SEND BACK THE UNITS AND BE DONE WITH THEM. THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME AN ADDRESS TO SEND IT BACK TO AND AGAIN WAS TOLD I WAS STUCK WITH THE LAPTOP AND MY MONEY WOULD NOT BE REFUNDED.