VIP Travel Reservations - Complimentary Cruise not quite what it seems

Company: VIP Travel Reservations

Location: 4606 S. Clyde Morris Blvd, Ste 1P
PORT ORANGE, FL, 32129, US

Category: Travel, Vacations

In October, 2007, my husband and I took a promotional tour of a resort. We were told that we would receive a "complimentary" 2-night cruise for 2 people to the Bahamas, which also included airfare for all major cities. We only had to pay for port taxes and fees. I mailed in the certificate that I received, along with the $50/each registration fee that was required. When I received the information from VIP Travel, the "port taxes and fees" turned out to be $350 a person. I called the cruise line directly (Imperial Majesty) and found out that the port taxes and fees for the cruise were only $59 a person. I was sure that the airline taxes could not be $300 a person, so I checked into it. I was able to book 2 airline tickets from my home to Ft. Lauderdale, AND book the 2-night cruise (including paying all taxes and port fees) for much LESS than the $700 dollars "port tax and fees" that VIP Travel wanted to charge us. We have now asked for a refund of our registration fees. Unfortunately, they will only refund us one registration fee, so we lost $50 by signing up for this "complimentary cruise." I pray that they refund the other $50 to us, as the paperwork says they will. However, I've read enough complaints regarding this SCAM to know that I may never see that money.

Never trust ANYTHING that you receive in the mail that says "Complimentary." You will probably pay more for that "complimentary" gift than you would if you bought them item straight out. It's a scam, and I just hate that I fell for it.