QUASAR COMMUNICATIONS INC. - QUASAR COMMUNICATION INC. WWW.QUASARINC.NET

Posted on Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 at 11:39am CST by cb12a28a

Product: LONG DISTANCE AND OR INTERNET

Company: QUASAR COMMUNICATIONS INC.

Location: TEXAS (CORRUPTED STATE)
TEXAS, TE, 0000, US

URL: http://WWW.QUASARINC.NET /

SCAM...SCAM...SCAM.....THIS COMPANAY IS A MESS .....PLEASE SEE YOUR HOME PHONE BILL EACH MONTH AS THIS COMPANY IS VERY TRICKY IN ADDING UN AUTHORIZED CHARGES BE AWARE...I HAVE ALREADY MADE A FCC COMPLAINT AND HAVE CALLED QUASAR COMMUNICATION AT 800-396-6216 AFTER TWO HOURS TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM ..THIS COMPANY IS LOCATED I BELIEVE IN TEXAS.(CORRUCTED STATE)..THERE WAS A CHARGE ON MY PHONE BILL..I DO NOT HAVE LONG DISTANCE OR INTERNET ACCES AT ALL. I JUST HAVE LOCAL..LUCKILY I COUGHT IT..WAS ON FOR ONE MONTH ONLY..PLEASE PLEASE BE AWARE OF WACKED COMPANAY CALLED QUASAR COMMUNICATIONS INC. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME .

b240053f, 2008-05-14, 07:10PM CDT

This company seems to target people with Spanish last names. Quasar uses dubious ways of charging your phone bill. This is a well known practice called SLAMMING. My ATT bill was targeted because companies like these don't have to prove to your local phone company that you really agreed to switch your long distance carrier. By law, your phone company offers a way to stop this type of scam. It is called PROTECTION. Once you ask for protection to be place in your local phone service contract, these companies won't be able to switch or to charge your phone bill for unauthorized long distance.

2421dcb4, 2008-07-03, 01:07AM CDT

Yes, I did a complaint today also. These bastards are the worst.

13233378, 2009-08-06, 10:48PM CDT

I too was caught by this company. they said my "ranch worker" gave them authority to change my long distance carrier. I filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office, consumer complaint division. Please file a complaint too. it isn't Texas that's the problem, it is our law makers who allow this fraud to happen. My phone company has not control, as these companies are allowed to make changed without the permission of the homeowner.

885f7f86, 2009-09-22, 12:13PM CDT

I call ATT and they said they cannot give any PROTECTION to my account.

07666613, 2010-01-20, 04:59PM CST

you are right

4429d2af, 2010-02-17, 12:49PM CST

My husband and I just found the same type of charge on the phone line we keep for our migrant farm workers. When we set up the original phone line, we placed a block on long distance and any other charges, and Quasar still managed to add their long distance service fee to this line via "Third Party Providers". Quasar allowed one of our migrant workers to authorize the charge!! We have threatened to sue them based on unauthorized billing and illegal business practice. We are located in North Carolina. The migrant worker authorized the charges while in Mexico.

5624de31, 2010-04-03, 09:31AM CDT

we just found this fraud on our att this month bill..what Can we do?..How can we stop this for future bills?. Who should we call ?

10adcd58, 2010-10-25, 11:03AM CDT

I had this happen too. Totally unauthorized charges. I called the company Quasar Communications and they were not able to give me a straight answer as to authorized the charges.

Please check your phone bills carefully as this is a TOTAL SCAM.

bcc8d9b2, 2011-01-12, 06:34PM CST

I was just scammed by this company. They said that someone in my home named Carlos Diaz authorized charges and changes from my long distance provider, which is at&t. They actually played back a recording with this man supposedly authorizing charges. It was all in Spanish, so I could not understand. At the end of our conversation they said they would refund me $22.00 and cancel the account. Well, the charges they added were $48.56, for two months of charges. They also costed me my at&t discounts worth $20.00. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and made a complaint asking for a full reimbursement, including my lost discounts. Oh, I had to call the company twice because the first woman I spoke with hung up the phone on me. I hope something is done to protect consumers and shut down these fraudulent companies. They prey on the Hispanic community, I noticed, and these people probably do not know the procedure to get their money back....they probably pay the charges unknowingly. :-(

bcc8d9b2, 2011-01-12, 06:41PM CST

69327085, 2011-05-10, 03:27PM CDT

Same here! This company called my home and made me believe it was QWEST whom I had for the past 6 years! I was led to believe they were updating my information for my long distance service. Little surprise I got today on my bill for charges of $25 dollars ( I don't even use long distance anymore even though I have quest! I buy the calling cards and qwest bills me for the LOCAL connection only!

MAYOR scam! They had the daring to tell me they obtained my phone number from my QWEST company! I cancelled but they did not seem to be willing to reimburse me! I called qwest and they cannot do a thing since it is not them. Once you give QUASAR the info they need they remove YOUR COMPANY as provider and place themselves! SNEAKY dirty bastards! Good thing it was only 25 but I don't wish to pay for something I did not authorize. DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION and hung up if they do not identify themselves as your company. If doubting ask them to give YOU some info you provided from YOUR account (* like another person you authorized in your account, their dob, anything you know for sure they would not have normally. ALSO you CAN request YOUR long distance provider to FREEZE your services and NOBODY but YOU would be able to CHANGE it unless YOU would call PERSONALLY to protect it! DOING THAT!

Scammers should burn in hell!

brenda d., 2013-10-28, 01:30PM CDT

TWO SPANISH SPEAKING LADIES CALLED. THEY KNEW MY NAME. OFFERED A 500 MINUTE FREE LONG DISTANCE CARD, I DECLINED. THEY KEPT ON ASKING FOR MY MAIDEN NAME AND BIRTHDATE. THEY ADDED THEIR LONG DISTANCE CARRIER TO MY AT&T BILL. IT'S A SCAM AND THEY SWITCH PEOPLE OVER WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. THEY ONLY RECORD WHAT'S CONVENIENT TO THEM. REPORT THEM TO BBB.ORG BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

4eca27e4, 2014-04-24, 11:14PM CDT

This company is still slamming people. We just found them on our long distance bill. Their 1-800 number does not work. Figure that out for a "Telecom Company". I have registered complaints with BBB, FCC, and IL Stat Attorney. Tell AT&T to "send the charges back" since you did not authorize the change. It works. They will have to eat the cost, but it took 4 hours of work to reverse everything. This low-life company is a bottom-feeder preying on Hispanics that probably don't know how to or can't fight the system.