GE Money Bank - GE Money Bank Ripped Me Off

Company: GE Money Bank

Location: po box 960061
Orlando, fl, 32896, US

URL: http://www.geonlineservice.com/

I made a payment for February and I just got my statement for March with notice that I had a payment past due. I called and they sia they could not help me because I had made my Feb payment too early!!!!! I closed my account and will never use GE credit again.

d8dd2f35, 2008-07-19, 03:59PM CDT

I paid them off early also. They sent me to collections. Constantly receiving harassing letters. I've sent copies of the cashier's check to GE Money Bank several times each time a new collection agency calls. They truly are a piece of work.

6c65c723, 2008-09-02, 05:13PM CDT

I am disgusted with GE Money Bank, as well. I made an online payment the date that it was due in August for $400.00. The following month, they charged me a $39.00 late fee! I called immediately, was on hold for an hour and a half,only to have the rep say that it was valid. I even have proof of the date because it is correct online! I have written their Billing Inquiries a letter, am paying this off in full next week, and closing my account ASAP!!

3ad99661, 2008-12-08, 07:09AM CST

very poor Customer Service( Cant understand the English they speek)

and yes GE Money bank will rip you off.

JUST Another SHARK in the industry,they all will soon be belly up!

with the way things are you dont piss off all your good customers.

b1052cb9, 2009-08-19, 05:23PM CDT

My interest rate went from 0% to 24% after a "promotional period" ended. I was using the Care credit card for chiropractic services. My finance charge was over $600.00.

a11c3b8e, 2009-09-11, 03:54PM CDT

I am having the same issue with GE Moneybank. They say I have a "floating" due date, but I closed the account and it was considered installments, which means that I would have the same due date each month. All three associates stated the above, but then said they were wrong and the account was still considered "revolving" with a "floating" due date. It's a crock! They try to confuse the consumer into thinking we don't know or understand, but I do and I am writing a complaint to GE which is no easy task in it's self.

I can only imagine the hardships this company has caused so many hard working Americans, because they changed the due date from 25 days to 23 days from the closing date of each month, and said they notified me, and if I wanted to opt out, I would have had to write a letter. I do believe had I seen such a letter, I would have written a letter, just as I did when they said they were going to raise my interest rate. Also, they counted my payment late when the due date was on the weekend. I thought it was understood that when the due date falls on a weekend the payment is due by the next business day, not so with GE Moneybank. All my other accounts over the past 20 years worked that way.

Two of three associates I talked with were rude, condescending, and tried to make me feel stupid. I didn't appreciate their lack of professionalism. What kind of business is GE running? I do believe they are getting too big for their pants. Where can a consumer find help with these companies who feel they are untouchable? Somebody somewhere needs to get a grip on GE and put them in their place. I will never use their company again for anything.

79a9f7ab, 2009-09-16, 10:49AM CDT

i have and account withj ge also and just found out that my rate is 24% going up to 30% just because i had some problems in the past if thats the case why did they give me the card two years ago.when i called to find out why the wowem said the president signed a bill saying they could.i will never be able to pay this off even if i dont use the card 35.00 will go on my account cause i will alwys have a balance.

69a9e8d9, 2009-10-02, 07:12PM CDT

I made a deal to close an account and pay it off for $206.00 They apparently entered the numbers wrong, the payment didn't go thru and now they cannot make the same deal three weeks later and want minumum $435.00 or pay $10 monthly forever. I want to settle this and they cannot settle without me paying more. It's a deal made by one employee and then turned down by a superviser. Bullshit!

4763a1b4, 2010-03-24, 03:29PM CDT

SAME HAPPENED TO ME. HAVE SET AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS, BUT SOMEHOW THEY CHANGE THEIR CLOSING DATE/PAYMENT DATE, SO PAYMENT CAME IN TOO EARLY. HAPPENED TWICE ONCE THEY REIMBURSED THE COMPLETE LATE FEE, THE SECOND TIME ONLY HALF.

COUPLE OF YEARS AGO THEY LOST $ 100,- I HAD TRANSFERRED TO MY ACCOUNT TO THEIR ACCOUNT. ONE DAY AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE GE ACCOUNT THEY WITHDREW THE MONEY, BUT NEVER BACK BACK TO ME. IT TOOK THEM OVER 8 MONTHS TO CORRECT THE SITUATION!!!!! DON'T ASK ME HOW MANY PHONE CALLS, FAXES, LATE FEES, WHATEVER FEES I HAD TO DEAL WITH! GE MONEY BANK'S COMPLETE INGNORANCE MADE ME YELLING AT THE PHONE WHICH IS CERTAINLY A MASTERPIECE BECAUSE IT TAKES SOME TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN. I HATE GE MONEY BANK AND HAD CLOSED ALL ACCOUNTS..ONLY TO REOPEN AGAIN COUPLE YEARS LATER BECAUSE OF THE 0% WITH PC RICHARDS...AND SEE THEY SCREWED UP AGAIN. IF YOU CAN AVOID THEM...DO IT!

fab41389, 2010-03-30, 03:57PM CDT

3/30/10

Just closed me:

Oldest Credit Account opened too recently

My balances too high

No mortgage transfers

I've been closing cards that are too high, Paying off and not buying

e35ce24c, 2010-06-21, 12:06PM CDT

Have not received my monthly statement from GE. Usually comes after the first of the month. I make payments for the purchase of hearing aids from a local professional. Can't find a phone # to make inquiry.

dff95900, 2010-07-15, 11:40AM CDT

I also made arranbements to pay off a debt of my husbands who was unemployed for almost a year and a half. I was the only one working and tried to make arrangements to pay this off through a collection agency that G E Money bank had sent my husband account to. The total amount to be paid was $615. I agreed to a bank draft of $205 for three months. Nine months later I get another letter from another collection agency for the same bill and they wanted another $858 to settle the matter. The reason being is because they claim that the last payment of $205 didn't go through claiming it was returned for insufficient funds. This was the first I had heard of it and Why wait nine months to claim that the last payment wasn't made in full. I feel as though if they could me to make arrangements for this debt to be taking care of, they could have called me to let me know that there was a problem with the last payment going through. So now they want another $858 to settle the matter.

dff95900, 2010-07-15, 11:41AM CDT

I also made arrangements to pay off a debt of my husbands who was unemployed for almost a year and a half. I was the only one working and tried to make arrangements to pay this off through a collection agency that G E Money bank had sent my husband account to. The total amount to be paid was $615. I agreed to a bank draft of $205 for three months. Nine months later I get another letter from another collection agency for the same bill and they wanted another $858 to settle the matter. The reason being is because they claim that the last payment of $205 didn't go through claiming it was returned for insufficient funds. This was the first I had heard of it and Why wait nine months to claim that the last payment wasn't made in full. I feel as though if they could me to make arrangements for this debt to be taking care of, they could have called me to let me know that there was a problem with the last payment going through. So now they want another $858 to settle the matter.