U.S.P.S. - U.S.P.S. complaint

Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2008 at 1:54pm CST by f944a842

Company: U.S.P.S.

Category: Government, Police

I am writing this complaint in regard to the drastic increase of prices for P.O. Boxes. I have kept the same box for 4 years and have noticed an extreme rate increase to my annual P.O. Box fee. In 2004 the annual fee was $34. In 2005 the annual fee was $36, up 6%. In 2006 the annual fee was $38, up another 6%. And finally in 2007 the annual fee was $52, an increase of 27%. This is ridiculous! I have to spend a dollar a week to receive mostly junk mail. In the meantime, what extra services are provided by the U.S.P.S.? Are they putting in longer hours, are they delivering mail any faster? I doubt it! From what I've noticed, the postmaster in my area stands around gossipping all day. If someone needs to buy a stamp, they have to stand in line for 10 minutes before even being acknowledged. This is typical of the lousy customer service delivered exclusively by the U.S.P.S.

Only a government monopoly can get away with meager service like this. Because no mail delivery is available in my town, residents have no other choice but to rent a box. So when the rates go up, residents are hesitant to speak up and complain because that is the only source to receive mail. I feel that the U.S.P.S. is abusing it's power without any regard to customers expenses. I think that they should put a cap on P.O. Box rates instead of inflating them year after year.

Dissatisfied customer

Gary L., 2014-04-15, 10:57AM CDT

Soon everyone will be using e-mail and the Post Office will be making less money.