South Bay Appliance - South Bay Appliance - Incompetent, unethical business

Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2008 at 6:46pm CST by 14e8f59e

Company: South Bay Appliance

We bought an extended warranty through GE for our Viking Appliances. My oven went out in the end of December. We contacted GE and got a case# assigned to South Bay Appliance. The repairman showed up about a week later and scratched his head like he had never seen a Viking oven before. Finally he decided that there were two parts that needed to be ordered. After following up for the next 6 weeks, each time staying on hold with South Bay Appliance for 30 - 45 minutes then being told "the parts aren't in" my husband tried to push them to call and find out why the part wasn't in. The very rude lady who answered the phone said "we won't do that". At this point my husband started to lose his temper and got pushy with them and now they refuse to finish the job they contracted to do. Come to find out through Viking and their repair parts distributors that these parts are readily available and can be shipped within a couple of days of being ordered. I don't believe they ordered our parts or for some other reason their vendors wouldn't ship to them. Either way, I have gone 6 weeks without an oven that could have been repaired in 1 week. We have found another serivce company that will have our stove fixed by the middle of next week (4 days after being contacted). PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. Dealing with this company will only cause you extreme frustration and extensive hold time. There are many good repair companies in the Bay Area that you can choose to deal with. I am considering filing a complaint with the BBB because I lost 6 weeks of service out of my very expensive oven that I didn't need to lose. Very bad business.....very, very bad service.

66d56530, 2009-12-16, 02:04PM CST

This is the worst repair shop you'll ever find. Their service is beyond being worst. Takes forever to get parts (6 weeks is not too long for them) and they even don't let you know the estimated time frame or updates. You have to make many calls to get an update. They never return your call promptly. Never deal with this guys.? I purchased GE service contract as well. I had 2 repairs done by South Bay Appliance and had long waits (my latest one is over 18 weeks)