Wied destinations (WD Co Ltd) - Overcharged by www.wired-destinations.com

Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2008 at 12:38am CST by f28f0574

Product: Online hotel reeservations services

Company: Wied destinations (WD Co Ltd)

Location: Bangkok, TH

URL: http://www.wired-destinations.com/

I booked a hotel room in from them, was quoted Singapore Dollars, and paid this amount by credit card.

When receiving the credit card bill, I was charged 10% more by them. I investigated and noticed that they charged in a different currency (Thai Baht) and used a bogus exchange rate in order to be able to raise the price.

I asked for explanation and refund and was told that this is their policy and that I should go away. I will and suggest everyone else does so too.

f6e0c204, 2009-02-27, 04:00PM CST

I BOOKED A HOTEL IN VARADERO WITH WIRED DESTINATIONS AND THE NIGHT BEFORE I LEFT THEY EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THEY CANCELLED THE BOOKING AND THEY HAVE NOT RETURNED MY $1400 CDN STATING MY REFUND WAS "UNDER CONSIDERATION". I AM STILL IN SHOCK. I'VE BEEN SAVING AND PLANNING FOR A LONG TIME; TOOK TIME OFF WORK, FOUND PEOPLE TO WATCH MY SON AND MY DOG. NOW WHAT??? THEIR EMAIL STATES THEY HAVE CEASED OPERATIONS AS OF FEB 21/09 BECAUSE OF FINANCIAL PROBLEMS. I DON'T FEEL CONFIDENT THAT I'LL GET MY CASH BACK AND THEY'VE ALREADY DESTROYED MY VACATION.

DON'T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!