Colorado Springs Utilities - Company discriminating on billing because I am asian and falsifiying billing statements

Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 at 7:55pm CST by e1034696

P.O. BOX 1100

Colorado Springs, CO 80947-0010

719-448-4800

Dear Sirs or Madams:

I am writing to dispute billing errors on my account in the amount of $402.47. The amount is inaccurate because:

1. Paid previous balances added to adjust and increase billing.

2. No next scheduled meter reading date on bill statement.

3. No chart of Average daily usage trend of 12 previous bills and current bill for billing statements.

4. Inaccurate meter readings on electric, gas, water, wastewater.

5. unauthorized charges. Federal law limits your responsibility for unauthorized charges to $50.

6. math errors on billing statements.

7. failure to send bills to your current address 14 days prior to billing period.

8. Inaccurate billed meters that do not exist on property.

9. Added charges, rates, maintenance, and meter exchanges that never occurred or were not scheduled that were added to the billing statements.

10. Charges for goods and services you didn't accept or weren't delivered as agreed for Colorado Springs Utilities for 2 meters starting Jan 1, 2008 in the amount of $18.36 for 2 months of electric, gas, water, wastewater services in the amount of $36.72.

I am requesting that the pay errors be corrected, that any finance and other charges related to the disputed amount be credited as well, and that I receive an accurate statement. I feel like I have been quite taken advantage of by the Colorado Springs Utilities because I am Asian.

Please investigate this matter and correct the billing errors as quickly as possible and credit back to us $274.00 Dollars.

Sincerely,

Maria L . Scordia

719-404-3186 Home

719-210-9268 Private Alternate number

a34c7a0f, 2010-03-20, 04:16PM CDT

I am only a white boy, but do not dispute your claim--I suggest to anyone to pay with a check or money order as they will pocket cash and say you haven't paid--Just one more crooked city government office--One of their workers who was said would never have done this SIR! (Say this in your snottiest tone) but was arrested for this very thing not long after, but I never saw my money again