Sears - Sears Rebate Fiasco

Company: Sears

Location: Sears National Customer Relations 3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL, 60179, US

URL: http://sears.com/

Purchased a Kenmore microwave and refrigerator during a rebate promotion: basically, charge them to the Sears card and get 15% rebate for purchasing 2 appliances over $399. Sent in copies of the receipts and rebate form in as instructed within specified time period- got 10% back on microwave only - $65. Was expecting to get $480 back. I called them and they said computer didn't read salescheck for fridge. Had to resend everything after going back to store to get more forms and copy of readable salescheck. Sent in to another address as instructed: Resubmission, dept 60774, Sears Rebate Center, PO 7021, Young America, MN 55558-7021. More waiting and no response. Called again, got run around again. Have tried to get this rebate now for the last year. Now they said after all this that since the rebate period is up, I can't get my money. Sounds like fraud to me. Customer is promised a rebate, does everything instructed twice over and then gets nothing. Last 2 times I called, I was promised a call from a supervisor withing 48 hours - nothing. The said they could only send me a $100 Sears gift card. Waiting for the 2nd callback to resolve but I doubt they will do what they are supposed to do.

Update 2/22/08: Sears called to say they would honor the rebate. I am expecting a check - we'll see what happens.