Hewlett-Packard Company HP - HP Repair Department

Company: Hewlett-Packard Company HP

Location: 3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, Ca, 94304, US

URL: http://HP.com/

I sent my laptop in for repair under warranty and HP put the laptop on billable hold saying it was not under warranty. I cleared it up and since then they do not reply to my numerous requests for a status on my laptop. It has been a month now and I still do not have my laptop. I cannot run my business and do my work because I have no computer now. A month for a repair that should only take 5 days is unacceptable.

a2da15af, 2008-10-17, 01:29AM CDT

CSO Placement Date: 09/21/2008

Model Number: KC474UA

Model Description: NOTEBOOK PC TX

Receipt Date of Defective Product: 09/25/2008

Expected Delivery Date: 10/03/2008

As you can see, THEY received my laptop on 09/25/2008, and on 10/03/2008, i was told the delivery date has been changed to 10/17/2008. Today 10/16/2008, i check the status........and after chatting with an online CSO, they say it is still under process and will be sent to you as soon as possible. When I called them on the customer service number, some guy takes all the details and says that the some of the company server is down and asks me to call back after 1 hour. What a great service. I have no computer and am self-employed and work-from-home.....loss of revenue = 1 month no pay.

bbbf4d94, 2009-01-31, 03:21PM CST

As a comsumer of HP products, I am frustrated at the lack of concerns or support for their loyal customers. I have three (3) HP PCs, two (2) laptops, and two (2) printers plus other products.

I have recently purchased a top of the line HP Touchsmart PC. What a piece of junk; I do not know if its the other piece crap software by Microsoft VISTA 64 bit operating system, or another combination.

I had to go out and buy new equipment, ie printers, scanners etc. Except this time I bought other competitors' products. Also, all my software had to be upgraded. Plus most of software companies do not support VISTA 64 bit. I feel like I have been robbed. What other industry gets away with forming a monoloply that allows defective junk software out on the market and then charges you for upgrades to patch thier problems?

All I get is freeze ups. Does not matter what type of simple operations I perform, it takes forever to respond, or I get a complete freezing of the system and I have to reboot to solve the problem.

I have the best possible virus protection program so I know its not a virus.

I have contacted the technical service at HP from India and it's almost like speaking to someone on the moon. They blame VISTA for the problem and I ask them why did they load the system with it, knowing there were problems.

From this point forward I am only going to purchase Apple products. Goodbye Microsoft and HP, I hope you go the way of the dinosaur.

22f5463c, 2010-06-01, 03:52PM CDT

LAIRS AND THIEVES IS WHAT I FOUND HAPPENED WHEN I HAd any problem WITH ANY LITTLE THING..THE PRINTER IS A PIECE OF SHIT...THE LAPTOP DAY AFTER WARRANTY GOES OUT SO DOES THE MACHINE

SEND IT IN FOR REPAIR AND NOTHING BUT A BROKEN THING COMES BACK....NOW THEY SAY OWE THE MONEY FOR A BROKEN MACHINE