Southridge Chrylser - Southridge Chrysler Keeps Deposits

Posted on Saturday, February 16th, 2008 at 9:49am CST by 69132caa

Product: Dodge, quad cab, crew cab

Company: Southridge Chrylser

Location: 12 Southridge Drive
Okotoks, Ab, T1S1N1, CA

URL: http://www.southridgechrysler.com/

Jan 05, 2008, I went to Southridge Chrysler Dodge in Okotoks Alberta, Canada. I was looking to purchase a 2007 or 2008 Dodge Dakota crew cab or quad cab. I talked to a salesperson Mr. Chuck Franson about a vehicle. We came to a price on a new 2007 that was close to what I was looking for. I asked about interest rates and was told no problem they would be competitive with the banks and very good but they could not give me the information until Monday. They then told me they needed to take 1,000.00 on my visa to show I was serous about buying the truck. If the deal did not go thru there would be no problem insinuating but not stating I would get it back. On Monday we had meeting with Mr. Shawn Ross, the business manager where he told me interest was 8.778 %, and payment were 670.00 or so, I told them no I would not pay that much for the truck. I was told go home and think about it because we have your deposit. I asked for them to put the 1000.00 back on my visa and they said no. I then went to a dealership in Calgary where they found me a truck like I was looking for far less 6.5% and a generally better price as well. I talked with Mr. Ken ?????? Sales manager, describing the deal offered by the Calgary dealership and if they could match it I would be happy to deal with Southridge. After a week or so he called me saying no they would not match the Calgary dealership offer. At that point I purchased the truck noting that I did not have to provide them with a deposit. Again I then asked for my deposit back fro Southridge and again and was refused. Finally I asked to have an in store credit where I would purchase parts and service. Again I was told after consulting with the owner Mr. John Gotch after a week no. I have requested an invoice showing what I have paid and gst, again they have refused. I have report this issue to BBB, AMVIC, CTV news and anyone else that will listen.

Do not give up deposits when purchasing vehicles!! Southridge Chrysler will keep it!

13818e4d, 2012-03-22, 12:12PM CDT

This business did almost the same thing to me. They asked for a $500.00 deposit," to show my interest" which I also put on Visa. They than advised me that the color and equipment I wanted was not available after several days. When I requested my deposit back it was "NO'. One step further, without my consent, they had applied another $500.00 to my Visa, now for a total of $1000.00 This was without my approval or knowledge, however I still got screwed out of it.

It seems our friend Chuck and also the owner are of questionable ethics {I would like to use stronger termalogy} I also purchased elsewhere, in Airdie, at a much better price and with lower interest. My advise to anyone is simple, Do Not even grace the door with your presence at Okotoks Chryster, There are a lot of honest dealerships located elsewhere.

13818e4d, 2012-03-22, 12:25PM CDT

c014cbe9, 2013-12-19, 01:57PM CST

This farce of a dealership just seems to keep plugging along ripping off some, treating other like trash and doing it all with smiles on their faces. We as consumers must do the most important thing we can. Take the advise that is well documented online and DO NOT buy from these shysters. Captain upchuck and his band of misfits will get what they deserve.