1-800-Flowers.com - 1-800-Flowers Guarantee is a JOKE

Posted on Friday, February 15th, 2008 at 2:45pm CST by a5844f10

Product: Timeless Tulips

Company: 1-800-Flowers.com

URL: http://1800flowers.com/

My husband ordered flowers for me to be delivered to my office on Valentine's Day. He placed the order a month in advance (I have the email confirmation) and paid extra to guarantee delivery on Valentine's Day. I was at my office all day and nothing showed up. When I got home, we called 1-800-Flowers to find out what the problem was. They informed us that due to the holiday, some deliveries wouldn't be made until the next day. What's the point of paying extra for guaranteed delivery if there's no guarantee. I finally talked to a supervisor who offered us a rebate of 50% off this order and promised that it would be delivered today (a day after Valentine's) and they would offer us 50% off our next purchase if we choose to use them again. I thought they were getting off easy, but my husband was determined that I receive the flowers that he ordered, so we agreed. As I was leaving for lunch today, a girl arrived at my office with flowers. My husband ordered something called Timeless Tulips, 20 assorted color tulips in a vase (my favorite flower), what arrived was a small mixed bouquet of red roses and tulips. The roses were dying and the petals were falling off the tulips. It looked like the local florist had sent there left overs from the day before. Needless to say, I rejected the delivery. I have been on the phone with "customer service" for the last hour, they refunded our entire purchase, but they did NOTHING for the fact that I did not get flowers from my husband on Valentine's Day. They offered no excuses, they made it seem like I was in the wrong for expecting the service that I was not only promised, but GUARANTEED! I called the number for the corporate office that is listed on their website and when I told them I had a complaint, they transferred me back to customer service. I hung up and called again, they told me that there was no one I could talk to at the corporate office, but I was more than welcome to leave a comment with customer service. I did a little investigating myself and came accross several websites that have stories exactly like mine...down to the type of flower that was supposed to be delivered...so this obviously isn't a one time deal.

90edfc46, 2008-06-02, 09:20PM CDT

I shared in a VERY similar experience for Mothers Day. Almost an exact match of this story. Every since I have never used them again. My experience was horrid as well. I did get a full refund but that was not the point.

a58fab8a, 2008-08-20, 12:27PM CDT

I HAD A DEAR FRIEND PASS AND ORDER FLOWERS AND THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME AND THEY MESSED THE ORDER UP... TO BE DELIVERED ON SUN 8-17-08 NEVER HAPPENED CALLED THEY WOULD HAVE IT THERE ON 8-18-08 BY 10AM THEY DID BUT NOT WHAT I ORDERED...CALLED AGAIN GOING TO GIVE DISC. AND SEND IT TO THE WIDOW AT HER ADDRESS 8-18-08 DIDN'T HAPPEN CALLED AGAIN GOING TO BE THERE BY 8-19-08 ...DIDN'T HAPPEN...THEN CALLED AGAIN GOING TO FIX THE ERROR SENDING IT ON 8-19-08 BY 10 AM...AND THEY WERE GOING TO CALL ME... DIDN'T HAPPEN THEN I CALLED CORPORATE OFFICE SPOKE WITH TWO STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED...WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THIS BUSINESS AGAIN... NO CUSTOMER SERVICE... OR EVEN THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IT IS... GOT A CALL BACK FINALLY GOING TO SEND... BUT I HAD ALREADY REQUESTED MY MONEY BACK... THEN THEY SAID SHE HAD TO GIVE BACK WHAT SHE HAD RECEIVED...HOW DARE THEY AFTER ALL SHE HAS BEEN THREW..THE FLOWERS SHE HAS IS NOT WHAT WAS ORDERED AND BEEN WITH HER SINCE MON.. "REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE" THIS IS THE TYPE OF COMPANY YOU ARE DEALING WITH....

Dennis O., 2014-04-29, 09:56PM CDT

I do not have time to post my full story at this time... BUT I agree 100% !!!! This is a TERRIBLE website with TERRIBLE customer service. My 'offer' to make things right was to resend the same thing I ordered... Which they totally messed up the first time. I mean come on... A Valentines gift is less than desirable if sent the next day. Seriously!! I will NEVER give them a dime of my money and do all I can to make sure other's know about their nonsense!