Lady Lake Post Office - Poor service at post office

Posted on Monday, December 8th, 2008 at 8:44pm CST by 9906328d

Company: Lady Lake Post Office

Location: Just off hyw 25 in Lady Lake
Lady Lake, Fl, 32159, US

"This is not a Pack and Ship Store", after standing in line for 20 minutes with 2 packages (one which split open on top, 3 inch area) I finally got to a male clerk. Above was his reply when I asked for a small piece of tape to cover the split end of box (where my tape lifted). He said we sell tape at the other station (at least 10 people waiting at that station. I left unhappy... I sell on eBay and do at least $75-$100 a week through USPS. This is the second complaint I have sent about this store in 2 years. I will do anything to avoid this store, but time constraints sometimes forces me to go there. Some of these clerks have no compassion or decent judgement when dealing with the public! I am there as a customer and feel I deserve better service treatment.

24aff296, 2011-12-08, 12:33PM CST

I understand your pain. Just know it is not just your local post office, but I suppose most of them. The last time I went to the counter in our post office (we pay for a PO BOX, by the way - only because we can not get mail at our home), I was sending a defective phone back to Verizon in the packaging provided by Verizon. I needed about a three inch piece of tape and the woman (who is always very rude to my fiance) said to me, "We don't give tape out. You have to buy a role." (She was going to make me pay over three dollars so I could use three inches of tape on this tiny little package!) Needless to say, I told her that she was being ridiculous and left. My fiance went back the next day when someone else was there, and he had no problem giving three inches of tape.