Orbitz Scam

Posted on Sunday, December 7th, 2008 at 1:15pm CST by 3fdef552

Product: Orbitz.com

Company: Not Available

I purchased an International ticket from Orbitz.com and was charged with $75.00 insurance Policy.

I guess one of the small checkboxes "Need Insurance" was enabled by default. This is to charge the customer with an additional policy. Also this policy does not appear in the Travel Summary. So it is unnoticed.

This is a new scam and everyone should double check their ticket after purchase.

This policy is from Access America (supposedly partner of Orbitz) and Access America does not easily cancel that Policy.

9e21d6d6, 2010-02-08, 02:56PM CST

I had this happen to me before. I thought the people at access america were very friendly. They told me that since I had contacted them within 10 days of purchasing the ticket they would reimburse me the cost of the insurance. Its orbitz that I have the problem with. Supposedly you either have to opt out of the insurance or orbitz will automatically include that if you are traveling internationally. I can never understand a word the orbitz reps are saying either when I called them. Access america though was a pleasure to talk with. Dont blame them, orbitz is the one with the tricks.