Suburban Chrysler Jeep - Chrysler LLC - Jeep Commander HVAC does not work properly - and local dealer will not repair

Posted on Friday, December 5th, 2008 at 3:28pm CST by f630ada8

Product: 2007 Jeep Commander 4X4 V8 Rocky Mountain Edition,

Company: Suburban Chrysler Jeep - Chrysler LLC

Location: Suburban Jeep 24315 Haggerty Rd. Novi, MI 48375 AND Chrylser LLC 1000 Chrysler Drive Auburn Hills, MI 48326
US

URL: http://www.suburbancollection.com and www.chryslerllc.com/

The HVAC system does not work properly. HVAC blows 90 to 110 degree hot air out floor vents when set midway in the cool setting. While blowing hot air out floor vents on cool setting, Defroster blows cold air out top vents. Front windshield freezes and snow and ice does not melt and very hard to defrost. A $35,000 Commander was not designed to blow hot air while on the cool setting. Vehicle should mix hot and cold air appropriately to allow for all levels of temperature control. This vehicle only blows 2 air choices, hot or cold, with a distribution of 75% hot air, 25% cold air relative to control knobs. There is no warm or cool air.

Suburban Chrysler Jeep of Novi, MI will not repair HVAC any further stating - this is how the HVAC system works. Service department has replaced HVAC Head Control - the knobs - twice, but will not attempt to repair the internal mechanisms. Apparently, service mechanics in shop believe there is a problem - they would not have replaced Head Control twice. Engineers do not design HVAC systems to blow hot air while on cool setting - it is very likely the vehicle was assembled incorrectly or was assembled with incorrect or defective parts.

Also, Service Department has damaged the dashboard and console component panels and have yet to repair them correctly although I was told by service department that they will repair them, but that means I have to take the car back another time for their mistakes.

Chrysler issued Technical Service Bulletin 24-002-07 on April 14, 2007 relevant to the HVAC situation my Commander has, but since my vehicles build date is slightly after the TSB build date, the dealer will not even attempt the necessary fix. My vehicle build date is April 2007. The TSB indicates that Heater AC Housings Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive are to be replaced to allow distribution of air flow. Dealer told me about this bulletin, yet they won't even consider it as an option.

I was told by a Chrysler Jeep employee that the problem could possibly be that my vehicle received the dual zone diverters although my vehicle has the manual controls.

All I want is my HVAC to be repaired so that it works properly, along with my dashboard and console to be put back together correctly.

9be1ae92, 2014-01-17, 10:46AM CST

I have the same problem. pisses me off to no end.