Airfare.com - Airfare.com seems to be Fraud operation

Company: Airfare.com

Location: 5110 Ridgefield Rd. Suite 409
Bethesda, MD, 20816, US

URL: http://Airfare.com/

Booked a hotel room for 6 nites at $125 per nite, inclusive of all taxes and all other fees. Rinky-dink confirmation did not indicate 1.) whether the amount was charged or the room was "held" and to be paid at check-in; 2.) confirmation listed no rate information or costs, in fact no monetary information of any sort.

Their phones do not answer and hang up on caller after holds and messages. They do not respond to email requests or fax requiring a call from them and only send back the same lame information-less confirmation. Finally, after multiple email inquiries, they sent some sort of confirmation where they charged $138.80 more than the amount agreed.

Contacted them with more emails voicing confusion and displeasure and a fax requiring an immediate call, though they refuse to contact us.

[They advertise 34/7 attendants and service.]

I believe I have been a victim of fraud by their actions and that police reporting is warranted as well as fraud reporting to the credit card company.

5213d118, 2012-06-06, 04:50PM CDT

I totally agree. airfare.com misled me as well, I was stupid enough to make a reservation with them, which they never ticketed claiming "the airlines don't accept credit card payment"?????

Also, their customer service is obviously outsourced in India, and all they do is basically pick up the phone after 30minutes of waiting, tell you "Have a nice day!" since their English is so bad that they cannot understand what one is calling about, and then they hang up! Simply unacceptable!

faa96c50, 2012-07-09, 03:02PM CDT

I agree, they just got me too. I paid $1500 for a ticket to Morocco and two months and one week later, they still never sent me a working itinerary Or issued a flight ticket. I requested a refund by mail, email and phone today and was told that it could take up to four to six weeks to process and send another two days. So, how can it come out in a day but take weeks to put back? The supervisor gave me some speal about having to get the money back from the airline, but they have their own accounts too. When they had my itinerary ending in London, it took them two months to realize i was going to Morocco after I emailed them several times. Their real name is Wholesale Travel Center out of Bethesda Maryland.

Beware. My friend has 60 people fly to Mexico every year. Guess which people won't be using Airfare.com???