Heartland America - Deceptive advertising

Company: Heartland America

Location: 8085 Century Blvd
Chaska, MN, 55318, US

URL: http://www.heartlandamerica.com/

I purchased the Anders Nicholson stereo system. It arrived on 12/15/08. While setting it up, I saw the following instructions for the phono player, "Take the rubber mat out of the plastic bag and lay it on the Turntable." I was surprised to see that there is no rubber mat. The phono player therefore cannot be used. I was even more surprised when I called the Returns Dept. and was told that the rubber mat doesn't come with it, but has to be purchased separately! Nowhere in the company's ad for the item does it say or even imply that. Neither does the Instructions Manual indicate that the rubber mat is an optional item which must be purchased separately.

There is an implied warranty of merchantability which applies automatically if the seller is a merchant. The implied warranty of merchantability is a representation that the item will do what it is supposed to do.

I now must now waste time, money, and effort to repack and return the item to Heartland America and fight for a full refund, i.e., included the costs of postage and the company's processing fee.