CSN Stores / Bedroom Furniture Direct - Unacceptable Delays/Communication

Product: English Manor Formal Dining Set

Company: CSN Stores / Bedroom Furniture Direct

Location: Boston, MA, US

URL: http://csnstores.com/

1) After a mid-September order, this dining set was extended-backordered from September to November to Decemeber to January, and I was not notified of the January date until November, despite pre-emptive email inquiries. Because of this delay in notification, I had no opportunity to order from someone else in time for Christmas. (My new, empty dining room addition was built in less time than this set takes to build, apparently.)

3) After this keen display of accuracy regarding the furniture ship time, I cancelled. I was then given inaccurate info about the time required for an electronic refund (48 hrs vs. immediately vs. 5 business days).

4) After 5 business days had already transpired, I was told that for some reason too technical to describe, an electronic refund to my debit Mastercard would be impossible and a check would have to be issued.

5) I was then refused the possibility of Fed Ex'ing said check overnight.

6) I was then given an inaccurate date as to when the check would ship (Fri vs the following Mon).

7) When the refund finally arrived, my name was misspelled on the check. Thankfully my bank processed the deposit anyway.

It took over 2 weeks from the time of my cancellation request to get my money back. Question: Would I have received that check as "quickly" were it not for my half-dozen-plus phone calls? Would they have even noticed the electronic refund wasn't working?

Everyone on the phone at CSN is friendly and cordial and occasionally helpful. But the manufacturing delays, order processing nuances, and poor information relay is infuriating. I can only describe this experience as excruciating, and I am a very patient person who almost never loses his temper on the phone. Good things do NOT come to those who wait on CSN. If a company wants to sell expensive items, it had better be able to refund that kind of money quick when the products aren't available. No other business I've run into has this much trouble processing a simple debit card transaction. I'm already having better luck at Max Furniture (Dallas).