LG Electronics - Electric Range

Company: LG Electronics

Location: U.S.A. Corporate Headquarters 1000 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 07632, US

URL: http://www.us.lge.com /

My LG Electric Range Model LRE30451SW is less than 2 years old; However about 6 months ago, the range burner buttons started to work intermittenly. Now the start button that controls the oven (Bake/Broil cycles) plus clock, self cleaning oven, convection will not work. I called LG US Customer Service and was told to turn off breaker and disconnect the power for 2 minutes to reset the function. However several trys of this fix did not work. Now I am faced with replacing the the complete touchpad mechanism for a cost of $350+. This part is no longer under warranty and the repair bill would be approximately 40% of the original cost with no real promise that it would not happen again. According to LG USA customer service, no known problem of this nature exist.

a55c84a1, 2009-07-13, 09:53AM CDT

I bought the same model. When we did the oven clean function, we got the dreaded F-1 failure message. The oven no longer works. The purchase was 15 months ago, and the repairmen that I called said good luck.

93f331e1, 2009-09-17, 04:09PM CDT

Mine did the same exact thing and received the same service 40% of cost, etc.... Now the range is doing the same thing after the new board is in. I"ve had it with these people and want something done.

93f331e1, 2010-06-04, 09:34AM CDT

Contact your states attorney general office and file a complaint online. Hopefully if enough of these get through they will do something. I live in Ohio and this is their website http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/ConsumerComplaint

0f9bbd93, 2011-01-15, 05:35PM CST

i am in the same situation. same range, less than 2 years old.... after using the self cleaning (2nd time since purchase) the f1 code came on. i was told the same thing about turning off the breaker but that did not work. i know it will be expensive to fix but from what i have read on the internet this is a very common problem. why is there not a recall of some sort???

5972cf48, 2013-11-12, 11:56AM CST

Have the exact same issue after cleaning. Clearly this is a problem with this range