Western Union - Western Union Still Has My Money

Posted on Thursday, August 7th, 2008 at 11:00am CDT by 91b2a189

Product: Online Money Transfer

Company: Western Union

Location: Western Union Financial Services, Inc. P.O. Box 4430 Bridgeton, MO 63044
Greenwood Village, Co, 80155, US

URL: http://www.westernunion.com/

I attempted to send money to my wife in Mexico through Western Union Online Money Transfer. I had used this service before and it was not a problem. Apparently their policies have changed, I now have to call them to complete the transaction. The only numbers they give you to call are U.S. 1-800 numbers (which you can't call from Mexico). I thought no big deal, I just will have to do it through the atm at the local bank. The first day I tried, to no surprise, the money was on hold for western union. I didn't mind this, and partially expected it. The following day, I attempted the same thing, and got the same result. I was starting to get upset, but figured it would be on hold just a little longer. I sent Western Union an e-mail asking about when they would release the funds, but really expected to make the withdraw the following day. I never received a response, and went back to the bank again, 2 days after the attempt, and they still had it on hold. I called my bank (not an 800 number) to verify it was western union holding the funds, and it was. I wrote western union another email, hoping to get a response, and still nothing. So we go to day 3, and I go back to the ATM. I still have no access to the funds, and am being charged everytime I use the ATM. I have written yet another email (not really expecting a reply this time either). Bottom line is, I will not use Western Union to attempt to receive money again.