Big Bike Motorcycles - Small Estimate - BIG Repair Bill - ZERO Customer Service

Company: Big Bike Motorcycles

Location: 3842 Sunbeam Road
Jacksonville, FL, 32257, US

URL: http://www.bigbikemotorcycles.com/

I called Big Bike Motorcycles, currently a Victory Dealership here in Jacksonville, formerly the Indian Dealership where I purchased my bike in 2003, to do some minor repairs on my motorcycle. I was told to bring it in and they'd get it right into the shop.

The head gasket in the front cylinder had blown out after 16,000 miles and I decided to let them wrench it rather than doing it myself.

When I dropped the motorcycle off three weeks ago, I was told by Don(?) that parts were in stock, roughly $75, and labor was 2.5 hours at their normal shop rate and per my specific request, he ball parked it at $325+/-.

I waited a week before calling, then after calling twice daily for two days with no return calls, I asked to speak with either the service department or the owner yesterday because of the apparent "no calls returned" policy. Within 5 minutes I had a return call from the service department letting me know that they had just finished ordering my parts(?) and that the revised estimate was $895.00. Needless to say I was a bit curious as to why. There was nothing extraordinary discovered in the teardown so no additional parts or labor, only a denial of ever giving me a ball park estimate to begin with. I told him to stop the work I'd come pick it up and do it myself. He told me they had the teardown complete and there would be a significant labor bill if I took it as is. We negotiated a "fix it" price of $750, and I informed him that they had just lost a loyal customer, one who had sent not only service work their way but also friends shopping for motorcycles, over trying to clip me for a few hundred dollars.

This store is under new ownership(1+ years) and the entire staff was been replaced ... if you want the service and satisfaction you were accustomed to when it was the Indian Dealership, best look elsewhere because this place is completely absent the integrity it once had.

Anonymous, 2008-08-06, 04:12PM CDT

I just got off the phone with the Service Department at Big Bikes and he told me that the parts should be in tomorrow, and he apologized for giving me such a significantly low ball park price, which he remembered as being in the neighborhood of $350 (after denying yesterday that he'd even given me a price to begin with). I told him I had delayed the start of my vacation to wait for the repairs on the bike and also reduced the duration by nearly half a week to cover the increased costs and asked when it would be done, he said "I'd hate to say and have it used against me if we didn't make the date". Ridiculous, I suspect there will be another new owner soon, or a building for lease at 3842 Sunbeam Rd in the very near future.

Anonymous, 2008-08-06, 05:02PM CDT