Update to Allstate Motor Club 7/24/08

Posted on Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 at 6:42am CDT by e842e929

Company: Update to Allstate Motor Club 7/24/08

August 5, 2008

This is an update to my post for July 24th.

I fortunately did not have to call Allstate for a tow on July 25th.? After work, I had planned on trying once again to get my car towed but before I called, I decided to see if my car would start.? IT DID!? I drove it straight to my mechanic's garage.? It's a good thing I didn't listen to Allstate's representative and leave my keys in my car.

On August 1st, I received a call from a representative at Allstate in response to my letter sent to customer service and their Board of Directors.? I called "Lynn" back on August 4th.? Lynn was very apologetic, but missed the whole point because she was too busy interrupting me.? She evidently liked hearing herself talk because she was more than a little rude.? She wouldn't let me complete a single sentence.? It was quite clear that she didn't want to hear anything I had to say.? I finally lost my temper and yelled at her to stop talking and start listening, but that didn't work either.? I ended the call by yelling I was done with Allstate Motor Club and hung up the phone, since she wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say.

I went online an joined another towing company, then called Allstate's customer service number to cancel my membership.? To my surprise, Lynn had already cancelled it.

In over 10 years of doing business with Allstate Motor Club, they have failed to provide towing assistance most of the time.? I have either had to pay out of my pocket and mail in the bill or found another way to get my vehicle to a garage.? They have given me a discount off of my membership THREE times in order to keep my business and last year a representative nastily told me that, "this will be the last time you get a discount".? First of all, I never asked them for a discount.? I asked them if and when their service was going to get better, because I was disgusted with the way they did business and was going to find another towing company.? Second, they wouldn't have to offer any discounts to keep their customers if their service were worth having.

The end result is I no longer have Allstate Motor Club and I am signed up with another company.? I was even more surprised to find that my membership with my new company started IMMEDIATELY.? I don't have to wait until I get the information packet in the mail, something Allstate Motor Club didn't provide.

75dc68c3, 2009-07-02, 03:23PM CDT

Today July 2 I ended a 14 year membership in the Allstste Motor Club. Not once since joining in 1995 have i needed service. not until march of this year, I needed a tow. it took hours to get it. Then 2 months later I needed my second tow in 14 years (same problem not fixed right). i was abruptly canceled and never told of it. i found out only when i went on line to do my renewal. this is a criminal organization.