American TV Appliance & Furniture - American DOESN'T back what they sell....

Posted on Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 at 9:45am CDT by 9e7338f8

Product: Frigidaire appliances

Company: American TV Appliance & Furniture

Location: 2404 W Beltline Hwy Cross Streets: Between Whalen Ln and Todd Dr
Madison, Wi, 53713, US

URL: http://americantv.com/

They may have good prices in one location, but I assure you - you get what you pay for! If you have trouble with an appliance, good luck getting them to help you. Sure they'll send someone to work on it - in a week or 2! And if you have serious trouble, they'll give you the 1-800 number for the manufacturer and tell you it's their responsibility, not Americans. I will NEVER buy from them again. I am out $4,000 because the appliances they sold me don't work right, and they are too busy brushing me off to Frigidaire and telling me they can't help me. STAY AWAY!!!

As for my frigidaire appliances, I bought my fridge, gas stove, washer & dryer, dishwasher & microwave from them - 9 months ago. My first service call was at 3 months. At this moment the only appliance that works correctly is my microwave. The fridge's icemaker has never worked right, and now the fridge makes weird noises. The dishwasher doesn't work at all and has 1 inch of standing water in it, the gas stove won't light on one fo the burners - merely pours gas out when you turn it on, and the washing machine constantly has standing water in it and your clothes ALWAYS smell bad when they come out. No one wants to replace it, but merely try to blackmail me into buying the extended warranty & say it's not their policy to replace anything. That's the answer from Frigidaire & American.

d75e6992, 2008-08-29, 03:07PM CDT

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Complaints.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely

Chris Polk

Escalation Specialist

Electrolux Major Appliances

[email protected]

ce55e38b, 2008-11-11, 04:07PM CST

As a one time employee of American TV I can tell you that your issue is not the first nor will it be the the last. The main thing I will stress to you, and anyone else is that you did not purchase American TV's extended protection plan, and this is no fault of there's. I'm sure that the the sales person had offered it to you, seeing as that's where the sales people make money, but you declined. Either you assumed that the huge price should guarantee (which I think we all agree it SHOULD) or that you don't believe in them. Whichever the case, you didn't have it therefore its out of Americans hands. The reason those plans are important from them (or any other retailer for that matter) is that typically after 30 days of sale manufacturers will not take back bad product for full credit and also will not pay someone else to service there products without first approving the service. Is it shitty? Of course. Is American TV a trustworthy company, not really.

I was glad to see Electrolux did contact you, and I do hope that they took care of you because to spend any amount of money and be left on an island sucks.

But there is something to be said about your title, "American DOESN'T back what they sell..." American is not a manufacturer, nor is Best Buy, Circuit City, Brothers Main, etc... When you buy a product you have to keep in mind these stores are dealers and part of the product they sold you was the FRIGIDAIRE warranty. They offered you the option to have them back the product and you most likely turned it down and took the manufacturers backing.

Its easy to yell and scream when things don't go right, but when was the last time you sent a thank you card to the sales person who took the extra time to make sure that everything is working out great for you and is the perfect fit?