Gwinnett County Dept. of Human Resources - Child Support Enforcement

Company: Gwinnett County Dept. of Human Resources

Location: LAWRENCEVILLE, GA, US

URL: https://www.services.georgia.gov/dhr/cspp/do/public/Welcome

Category: Law, Civil Rights

Many years ago, Gwinnett County shut down their child support office through the courts and turned most cases over to the Department of Human Resources Child Supoort Enforcement division. My daughter is just about 18 years old and this agency has done almost nothing to collect the support in the many years they have had our case.

Through my own investigation, I found and gave them the non-cusodial parent's address, work address, phone numbers, parent's names, etc. and they only acted one time just after I mentioned calling an attorney. He was monitored through the court for three months and he went right back to not paying. They did nothing. That was approximately over a year and a half ago.

Recently, after my complaints again, they assured me that he would have his license suspended. It had already been suspended in an unrelated matter years prior. I told them this. They did not respond.

Last month, he was in a car accident and the police officer let him go. How is that possible if his license was suspended? Just after that, he was pulled over again in Dekalb County and arrested for a probation violation. No mention of suspended license. I contacted the agency immediately and told them that he was being held in Dekalb County and now would be a good time to pick him up for the non-payment. I got back a generic message about his license being suspended instead. I wrote back urging them to take action while he was there. He was finally released ten days later.

This agency boasts about their services and promises to do a list of things on their website, which they have not done in my case. I have given them everything they have needed, they had the information for years and years and did absolutely nothing with it other than the one time I mentioned. I handed them the non-custodial parent on a silver platter time and time again and they sit by an do nothing while my child goes without the care she could have if the non-custodial parent was made to pay his fair share. The entire organization is a joke and is there for show in my opinion.

ce38b92d, 2008-09-10, 10:26AM CDT

Please contact Child Support Customer Service at (404) 921-1490 with case identification so your concerns can be reviewed and addressed.

c458eec9, 2008-10-10, 09:48AM CDT

Get you a Lawyer and see about suing everyone involved..don't just talk about it do it..if you're worried about the cost don't be you can sue for lawyer and court fees..just make sure your Lawyer knows you wish to do that!! Good Luck!

322f6bf4, 2010-06-24, 10:46AM CDT

Wow this is so true, I'm right now in the process of filing a complaint against them, I have a child support case with them for two children, the second child I have sent in his birth certificate along with a copy of his social security card. this I have done six times since February of this year. why am I still being told they have no record of the document received, despite it being sent certified mail, and was updated in their system document received on 4/19/10. I'm so disgusted I'm considering closing my case and have it taken elsewhere. by far the worst agency I have ever dealt with.

959339a4, 2010-12-21, 12:36PM CST

FORMAL COMPLAINT FILED ON COMPLAINTS.COM 1:23PM

DECEMBER 21, 2010 1125AM

I WILLIAM B. RECEIVED A CALL FROM 678-701-9647 UPON ANSWERING HUNG UP ON SO I CALL BACK SEEING THAT THE CALL IS FROM THE STATE OF GERGIA AND NO MESSAGE LEFT I IMMEDIATELY CALL BACK AND MISS BROOKS ANSWERS DEMANDING MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WITHOUT ME ASKING WHO THIS IS AND WHAT IS THE NATURE OF THE CALL AND SHE IS SO INTERRUPTIVE AFTER DEMANDING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER NAME DOB ADDRESS TELEPHONE NUMBER COMES BACK AND STATES I HAVE A CHILD SUPPORT CASE WHICH WAS COMPLETELY PAID BY ME. SHE SAID SHE HAS NO OTHER CASE FILE EXISTS AND THE PERSON WHO CALLED DID NOT DOCUMENT ANY SUCH CALL WAS EVER MADE TO ME. BUT THEIR CALL DETAIL REPORT WILL SHOW SUCH CALL WAS INDEED MADE. I LOCKED IT ON MINE.

MY QUESTION REMAINS THEN WHY ARE THEY CALLING AS THE NON CUSTIODIAL MOTHER WAS ARESSTED SATURDAY AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS RELATED AS IT HAS TO DO WITH CHILD SUPPORT. SO I ASK WHY YOU ARE CALLING ME. MS BROOKS CONTINUED TO TALK CONDESCENDINGLY TO ME AS IF I OWED THE $54,000.00 IN BACK CHILD SUPPORT. I MADE IT CLEAR THAT ALL RELATIVE DOCUMENTATION CONCERNING THIS MATTER WAS FORWARDED AS PROOF THAT EVERYTHING WAS DONE TO CONGRESSMAN HENRY JOHNSON OFFICES AND HIS REPRESENTATIVE DORI SCALES ALONG WITH A SIGNED FREEDOM OF INFORMATION RELEASE PROVIDED. I HAVE REQUESTED A SUPERVISIOR FROM 678-701-9647 RETURN MY CALL AND WAS DENIED BY MS. HOLLENBECK. I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE TO SEND EVERYTHING CERTIFIED MAIL AND NOW HAVE TO PROVIDE MORE DOCUMENTATION THAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY TWICE! I WAS TOLD THAT THEY DO NOT ANSWER TO CONGRESSMAN JOHNSON OR ANY CONGRESSMAN FOR THAT MATTER.

NOW I WANT TO BE CLEAR HERE THAT I OR MY CHILDREN AR ANY NON OWING CUSTODIAL PARENT SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE TREATED WITH UTTER DISREGARD. I REFUSE TO BE TREATED WITH DISDAIN AND UTTER DISCRIMINATION. THEY TALK OVER YOU AND ACT SO ABOVE IT ALL AND I AM TOLD NO SUPERVISIOR WILL BE CALLING BACK AND HUNG UP ON! I AM NOT ONE YOU WANT TO MISTREAT AND AM SEEKING MEASURES TO ENSURE THAT THIS KIND OF TREATMENT FROM ANY COMPANY REPRESENTING THEMSELVES AS STATE OF GEROGISA EMPLOYESS AND USING TAX DOLLARS BY THE STATE OF GEORGIA TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ABUSE. THESE ARE MY TAX DOLLARS AND YOUR TAX DOLLARS BEING USED TO PAY THESE EMPLOYEES WHO ACT WAY OUT OF LINE AND ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. THIS IS NOT CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT IT IS CHUILD SUPPORT ABUSE AND MY CHILDREN SUFFER AS A RESULT OF THESE ABUSIVE INDIVIDUALS BY THE VERY SYSTEM WHO CANNOT GET THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT.

NOW AFTER A CALL BACK TO THEIR 1-877-423-4037 WAS TRANSFERRED TO MISS WALLCE WHO WHEN INFORMED THAT A FORMAL COMPLAINT IS BEING LODGED I WAS HUNG UP ON I WAS ABRUPTLY HUNGUP ON.

CONCLUSION...ANY STATE SPONSORED CHILD SUPPORT RECOVERY SERVICES, CENTER, OR ENFORCEMENT AGENCY ACTING ON BEHALF OF CUSTODIAL PARENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT IN MIND, MATTER, OR SUBSTENCE TO ABUSE THESE INDIVUALS AND OR THEIR ASSIGNS. THEY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED AND ABUSE REPORTS DOCUMENTED AND FOLLOWED UP BY AN INDEPENDANT WATCHDOG FOR POSSIBLE UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES AND DOING BUSINESS IN BAD FAITH.

REPORTS OF COMPLAINTS FOUND SHOULD BE LOGGED AND READILY AVAILABLE FOR AN INDEPENDENT CIVIL 3 MEMBER REVIEW BOARD WITH THE POWER OF FINE, AND ENFORCEMENT TO ENSURE CITISENS AGAINST ANY ABUSE FOUND TO BE VALID. RECOMMENDATIONS SHOULD BE IN PLACE TO PROERLY TRAIN, EDUCATE, AND MONITOR SO ABUSES DO NOT OCCUR IF SUCH ABUSES DO OCCUR THAT THE ABUSER BE FACED WITH A LAWSUIT, FINED, WITH CIVIL PENALTIES AND THE AGENCY RESPONSIBLE ALSO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE OR BE FINED AND THEIR LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF FURTHER ABUSES ARE FOUND TO BE VALID AND GONE IGNORED. AN AGENCY CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO BE TRUSTED WHEN ITS POWER TO ABUSE GOES UNCHECKED AND IS ASKED TO POLICE ITSELF.

RESPECTFULLY, I REMAIN;

WILLIAM B. OF DEKALB COUNTY GEORGIA

(A CUSTODIAL PARENT ABUSED BY CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT)

1c16efbd, 2011-10-18, 09:57AM CDT

After an entire year of dealing with child support recovery (Gwinnett, and Forsyth County) and already having 1 judgement for over 43K I finally have a court date. Now I am owed ober 80K in arrears. Not even did they have the non custodial parents liscence suspended. I would love to hire an atty but was awarded attys fees last time and never received any. My son has medical issues and no insurance. We have lost our home and vehicle. Child support recovery has been told of work he has and is doing while we suffer. Amazing!!! No wonder deadbeats do not pay.