Grand Lux Cafe in Dallas - Grand Lux Cafe

Company: Grand Lux Cafe in Dallas

Location: Grand Lux Cafe, LLC 26901 Malibu Hills Road
Calabasas, CA, 93101, US

URL: http://www.grandluxcafe.com/

It was not just the extremely poor treatment received from the staff and management for our party of 12 on a Saturday evening, but rather the subsequent disregard and serious verbal abuse and treatment from a general manager for this company (Barry) for a serious but polite complaint, which led me to write every customer complaint web site I can locate.

There were 12 of us who met at the Grand Lux for a dinner party which was an absolute fiasco. An hour and a half wait at the bar after our table was given away twice, cutting people in our party off from drinking - when some had not even ordered when the most consumed by one person in an hour and a half time span was two drinks. The icing on the cake was bringing an employee from the restaurant into the situation - not because she was our server but because she was related to someone in our party to run interference since the management refused to speak with us directly. After politely calling on the Monday after to make a complaint I was told I was an alcohol over consumer (drunk?) who didn't know how to behave socially and that our party of 12 should have been more subdued.

Our party felt the management to be not only unfit to be in the food and beverage profession but that they should not be in any profession that directly interfaces with customers.

I will say that the quality of the food was good and our server was good.

In addition, Valerie at the corporate office in California did an outstanding job in her effort to resolve our complaints.