Whitten BrothersJeep Chrysler Mazda - Window regulator defects

Posted on Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 at 8:29pm CDT by c7a22d7b

Product: Jeep Grand Cherokee

Company: Whitten BrothersJeep Chrysler Mazda

Location: 10701 Midlothian Tpke.
Richmond, Va, 23235, US

URL: http://whittenadvantage.com/

I have a 2002 Jeep Cherokee and so far since November I have had 3 windows fall down. Each one is because of a defect in the regulator. The dealership charges $390 to $430 to fix each one. The dealership has admitted there is a defect with the regulator. My sister has the same exact Jeep as me and she has had 2 windows fall down. When you research on the internet there is numerous pages of people who have either a 2001 or 2002 Jeep and the majority of all their windows have fallen down due to the regulator. This particular dealership shows no sympathy towards the customer. The 2nd time I took my car to get the window fixed one of the service representatives words to me when I said that the dealership or Chyrsler should stand behind their product, he said they sell other brands. With the service at this location and with Chrysler I would never even consider buying another vehichle from them. The service director, Bobby Snead, does not even have the courtisy to even call the customer when the customer specifically requests for him to call. I guess with a company that does not provide a good product nor good service he wouldn't have the guts to call the customer. I am going to every extreme measure I can think of. I am going to contact an attorney about a class action lawsuit. I have contacted Channel 12 on your side to make a report. Word of mouth has worked so far. I was able to discourage a person who was interested in buying a Jeep and I was successful in changing their minds. I am going to contact the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. Both Chysler and the dealership should have stepped up to plate.

b82642fd, 2008-12-13, 11:45AM CST

Wow i just bought a 2002 Limited Jeep Cherokee and my drivers side window just fell down.My mother has the same year/make and both of her windows fell down.

05bf3600, 2008-12-16, 11:30AM CST

I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, my mother has a 2002 and my girlfriend has a 2002 as well, all of our regulators have gone bad in our cars. Jeep needs to re-evalute the products they are putting out!