Efstyle or MyBestFurniture (possibly other sites too) - efstyle furniture: over-priced and terrible quality

Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 at 10:03pm CDT by d6a2b3dc

Product: Furniture

Company: Efstyle or MyBestFurniture (possibly other sites too)

Location: 169 54th Street, Suite #20
Brooklyn, NY, 11220, US

URL: http://efstyle.com/

We ordered the "Unfinished platform bed". After a 2 week delay in delivery, and several calls to EfStyle (efstyle.com, aka MyBestFurniture, 169 54th Street, Suite #20, Brooklyn, NY11220; possibly other web sites), the item finally arrived.

We wanted unfinished pine, so that we could match the stain to existing furniture, but I was not prepared for the terrible quality in craftsmanship (if dare call it that). All joints were held together with wire nails (the kind that are injected with a nail gun), several of the joints were coming apart, the roller guides for three of the four drawers had fallen off, and the remaining drawer would not close without heaving it into position. The bed base has quite a bit of wobble along the longitudinal axis and the edges of the base are course and unplaned. They did not even include knobs or drawer pulls. For $380+ this is the most pathetic piece of furniture I have ever seen. Luckily I am quite handy with wood-working and after reinforcing everything with actual screws, fixing the drawers and a fair bit of sanding, we will be able to enjoy the bed - but I could have made this myself for less than half the price and twice the looks.

I don't often bother to leave reviews - but this time I felt other potential customers should be warned. Don't waste your time and money!

Also: Efstyle seems to run several websites. Agents answering the phone often do not know which site you are referring to, and several sites are disguised as a "review" site but are really shameless ads (try entering a review - you will see):

or

4bbfea83, 2009-10-13, 12:05PM CDT

They have the worst service I have ever seen bunch of liars promised something in a week just to get a order I called back to see where my order they are telling me you will have it in 3 weeks

77ab53c4, 2010-12-28, 03:17PM CST

We ordered a sofa and loveseat set from them in early November. They told us it would take a couple of weeks to come in which we were fine with but it actually only took about five days. They delivered it to us the next day. No problems at all. The salesman was a really nice guy. I appreciated that they let us look around the store without bothering us or following us all over the place. Would definitely shop there again.