Zydan Marketing - Unresponsive travel agent

Posted on Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 at 5:56am CDT by 1b4a49db

Product: E-Club Vacation Plus program

Company: Zydan Marketing

Location: Unit 6G 6th Floor, Cityland Herrera Tower, V.A. Rufino St. Salcedo Village
Makati City, Me, PH

I signed up for membership in their E Club Vacation Plus program (fee equivalent to PhP6,888), which entitles me to discounted rates in pre-identified hotels and resorts. I only need to make prior reservations with Zydan's Reservation Officer, Malen Cruz, who can be contacted through only one number (753-5421). I initially asked for a booking last April 2008 (three weeks in advance of the proposed stay), but I was told (after three days) that the resort I specified was fully booked. I called the Reservation Officer Malen Cruz last July 10, 2008, asking to be booked in the same resort on July 26, 2008 (already the lean season). Her response was that she would call me back, after getting my contact details. I had made regular follow-up with her and the Marketing Agent, Roma Aguilar , through phonecalls (the line is either busy or Malen is not picking up or someone answers but says that Malen is not around), cellphone calls, texts and e-mails, asking for confirmation but never received any response. My membership will expire on 31 August 2008. What are my options at this time? Is there still a way for me to get back the payment?

1e313fd3, 2008-09-10, 02:29AM CDT

I don't want to believe that nobody can be trusted nowadays, but proved me wrong. I also signed up for EClub@P7,500 Sept07. I was able to use 1 night right away w/o any trouble. However, as I've been calling from lastwk for another booking, it seems every one in ZYDAN MARKETING has gone into hiding. Emails, txts, phone/cpcalls are ignored. I'm not sure if there'd be any regulations for "fly-by-night" travel agents like Zydan Marketing & Holiday Best Club! Or, better still DON'T SIGN-UP FOR MEMBERSHIP NOT DIRECTLY CONNECTED WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT.

1b4a49db, 2008-10-13, 08:38PM CDT

Hi Edna,

You e-mailed me about being a member of the same e-club, and their phone lines being out of service! Somebody told me that they dropped the old company name and is now operating under the name Le Grand Vacation Club to continue their scam. Please try to warn other people about them. Thanks!

1b4a49db, 2008-10-16, 04:26AM CDT

This message is for Edna. I already e-mailed the Department of Tourism (Director Victoria Jasmin of Office of Tourism Standards) back in July 2008, stating the details of my complaint, but have not gotten a reply. I'm working so I can't follow up the complaint personally. I learned recently that Zydan Marketing has changed its name to Le Grand Marketing or Legrand Marketing, to evade angry victims and to victimize more people. Apparently, this company also tried to bill clients who paid by credit card twice or thrice, aside from shirking its duties. I cringe about the fact that they continue to operate unchallenged. Please spread the word about this fly-by-night. I actually surfed the web about Zydan before buying from them. Since I didn't find anything, I assumed it was legit. If we can warn other people, the company has to keep changing its names in order to stay ahead.

44e2c44c, 2008-11-26, 06:46AM CST

i am also a victim of this company.. all i want is to haunt them and get back my payment. it was very unforgettable and very annoying experience for me, because i trusted them and even help them by referring some more clients. i hope that somebody might help us on how we can get their contacts or even their location. please help us....

cc74779a, 2009-02-09, 02:55AM CST

I was really mad to that Girl ROMA AGUILAR..my 4,500 for Subic Hotel went to a non sense. People out there,beware of ROMA AGUILAR, she's presently working in a travel agency...kapal tlga ng mukha mo! Ibalik mo s akin ang perang diko man lng napakinabanggan. Unresponsive agent k tlga! Karmahin k sna.